Food Allergy

Delayed allergy rash?

Hey guys, Ive never posted here but was hoping you could give me some insight.  

One of my boys developed a rash behind his knees.  Tonight it really flared up.  Down his arms, all over his face.  Would a food allergy rash take multiple days to develop?  It's red and round and splotchy, but not raised and it doesn't appear to be bothering him.  

Any advice would be appreciated

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Delayed allergy rash?

• As far as I've known and my experience with allergies, is that an allergy can potentially pop up at any time. I know it took quite some time to figure out my son's milk protein allergy since his symptoms were delayed onset. I assume this type of thing can
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's quite possible. Dd has food allergies and she starts off with a few spots on her face and by the next day it looks like welts. Also symptoms don't always appear right away.
  • Loading the player...
  • Followed from Parenting - *Most* FA reactions happen within one hour of ingestion/contact.  For us, C's always happen b/t 5 and 10 minutes after contact.  What you're describing would also make me thing eczema, but it definitely doesn't hurt to
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If it's a reaction to a food that he eats daily or often, it could take up to 3 days for a reaction. Not all FA reactions happen right away.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"