Food & Nutrition

Sneaking Veggies

LO is very picky at times, I never know what to expect. He is most picky about veggies and meat. I try to sneak veggies in where I can but maybe there are more ideas out there.

Here is what usually works:

puree cauliflower in mac & cheese

stewed tomatoes in mac & cheese (he will only eat a few bites of the tomatoe)

peas, carrots, zuccini in pasta sauce

veggie puree in pancakes (he actually likes this better then regular pancakes)

veggies puree in vanilla yogurt

For meat lately he only will eat some if it is stir fry chicken.

Any other ideas?

336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sneaking Veggies

• Spinach ravioli? 
    m/c 2013
  • Will he drink smoothies? Perfect way to hide spinach or other random veggies, and fruits.

Pureed cauliflower in mashed potatoes.

As far as the meat- will he eat rice, by any chance? That's a good way to get some meat in if he maybe won't no

E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • Loading the player...
  • good ideas. I tried a smoothie in the past but he wasn't having it. I think I might try one with OJ in it also since I know he likes that.

He is hit or miss with raviolis but since I love them at least if he refuses I can eat it :)

And he d

• You should really check out Deceptively Delicious and Double Delicious, two cookbooks full of ideas on how to sneak healthy things into every day foods.

As far as meat, what about pureeing chicken and putting it on a tortilla then melting cheese

• How do you make veggie puree pancakes?  That sounds perfect and I would love to try it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageHollyBee013:
    How do you make veggie puree pancakes?  That sounds perfect and I would love to try it!
    </
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"