Parenting after 35

The one thing I hate now

I hate that when DS is mad he hops around and stomps his feet.  Mostly because it makes me laugh and I can't effectively parent when I'm laughing.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!

Re: The one thing I hate now

• LO was having a throw-himself-on-the-floor tantrum this weekend and I caught myself reminding him to kick his feet.

It did distract him though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD liked to crawl over to something I have told her repeatedly to NOT play with, then stop, look at me, say "uh,uh" while shaking her head no.  Then she turns around and starts playing with it.  So hard to NOT laugh when she does this!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Last night C used the word "ingenious" in a sentence and I'm pretty sure he understood what it meant.

This morning he peed all over the bathroom floor because he couldn't be troubled with actually sitting on the potty.

I feel ya, Robyn!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mine is still little, but every time we ask her a question and she blows raspberries, it reduces us to laughter!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • I am having a similar problem with DS. There are things I don't want him doing, but when I tell him "NOOO!" he will start smiling and acting goofy then it makes me laugh. I am not always effective when disciplining.
    image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yeah. The cartoon toddler stuff is hard not to laugh at.
  • He totally is testing boundaries.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"