High-Risk Pregnancy

24 hr urine collection

I had pre eclampsia in my last pregnancy so this time my doc wanted to do a 24 hr collection to get a baseline and rule out an underlying kidney issue, even though that's unkikey. I am at hour 23 and I mindlessly just peed and flushed. Ugh!!! It was only a small amount of urine...do you think it's okay or should I start over? I will likely call the office in the morning to check as well but just thought I would see if anything like this has happened to anyone else. Thanks!

Re: 24 hr urine collection

• I am 12 weeks along too.
  • I had asked my Doctor during my first pregnancy when I did that  and he said not to worry about it. Best of luck!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I've had to do the 24 collection twice this pregnancy and the first one i did forget to collect it. I wouldn't worry about it
  • did it the collection container come with a sheet with instructions? i had to do a 24 hour collection a few weeks ago and they told me that if i accidentally flushed any urine without collecting it in the 24 hour period that it would invalidate the w
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I just picked up my jug today. Does it matter what time of day you start? All mine says is don't start with FMU.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
      Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read-in-2012 shelf)
  • no it doesnt matter. one of mine was done at 2pm the other around 430pm. Just as long as you collect it for 24 hrs.
  • I missed one collection in the 24 hours and had to re-do the test.

Also, the way it is supposed to be done is wake up, pee and discard FMU. After that, collect every sample for 24 hours.  

BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"