VBAC
Options

Questions about policy?

Hi all,

I'm reading more and have compiled a list to ask my doctor about the policies where I'll deliver.  Can you tell me if there are any other's I'm forgetting?  These are based on things I've read from some of your stories or other posts online.

Thanks!

Do you have to begin labor on your own?

Induction? Do you use pitocin or foley catheter?  Cervical ripening?

How far along will you allow?  41 weeks, 42 weeks?

Baby head down? (I already know they will try a version, but will they require CS for unflippable baby)

Placenta over scar?  Thinking I might have anterior placenta, obviously will confirm with US at 20 week appt, but just being proactive.

Can I walk or constant monitoring in bed?

Travel around due date?  Any more at risk if I?m further from a hospital?

If you are gone, are the other MDs ok with VBAC? (I go to family practice, I know the MFM has VBAC friendly midwives, they are at the hospital, so I will ask if I can get them if she isn't available)

Do you measure baby?  Is there a cutoff? Or is positioning more important to you? ? left and occipital anterior (I think)?

Still do CS if water broke for 24 hrs or stalled labor like last time?  How long can I labor?

Require epidural, ban epidural?

Labor in whirlpool?  Not after water breaks?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Questions about policy?

• Options

Re: monitoring, I'd ask if they allow intermittent monitoring. Also, whether they use telemetry monitoring.

I would also ask what policies they have for c/s if you should need to have another one. I'm not sure how your last birth went but if you

DS1: August 2009 (emergency c/s, HELLP syndrome) DS2: September 2012 (VBAC)
  • Options

I would probably also ask what the most common complications the Dr sees in TOLAC? Which ones introduce limitations on labor? Under what conditions would the Dr deem it necessary to rcs a TOLAC? What non-c/s interventions would the Dr be comfortable pe

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Just an FYI about constant monitoring - even if they do require it, it doesn't mean you have to be in the bed.  I was constantly monitored with my VBAC and I labored on an exercise ball next to the bed. 

And be careful, or wary,&nbsp

"Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • Options

Thanks for all of the great responses!  I'll add them to my list.  :)  

I was going to ask about the sizing ultrasound because I don't think they are very accurate, but good to think about how to phrase questions as well. &nb

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"