VBAC
Options

VBACS Rock!

I've never posted here but have lurked quite a bit, so I thought I'd share my successful VBAC story as I've enjoyed reading so many others.

Background:  My first daughter was born by C section at 41w3d after 5 hours of pushing and a failed attempt at vacuum extraction.  She never decended past +2 station.  She's now 2 1/2.

This time, my water broke at 38w6d.  After 30 hours of waiting, I still wasn't in labor so we headed to the hospital for induction with pitocin.  I was worried that this would ruin my chance at having the unmedicated VBAC I was hoping for, but this turned out not to be the case.  They started my pitocin at 12:30 pm, and over the next 4.5 hours, my contractions steadily grew more intense.  By about 4, I moved into the hospitals giant new birthing tub to help with the intensity of contractions.  While I was in the tub, the contractions just stared to get to an unbearable level, where there were no breaks between contractions- they'd just keep cycling between mid level and full out of control amounts of pain.  But, at about the same time, I started feeling increasing rectal pressure and the urge to push.  At this point, the midwife checked me and found that I was completely dilated and it was time to push!  20 minutes later, at 5:32 pm, my gorgeous daughter was born!  5.5 hrs, with pitocin, no drugs!

I have to say, the recovery from this birth has been SO much easier than the recovery from my c-section.  I was on my feet almost immediately after her birth, and have felt so much better physically and emotionally.  I especially appreciate this now that I have a toddler to chase after as we'll as a newborn.  It'd be so much harder if I were still recovering from a c-section.  All in all, I'd give my second birth experience two thumbs up- VBACS are awesome!  Good luck to anyone considering one- it's definitely worth it, 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: VBACS Rock!

• Options
    Well done! That is a pretty quick labor!   Do you feel like waiting at home helped make the induction successful? That's great they had a tub for laboring.  You did it!! I am planning my second VBAC for this fall.
  • Options
    OMG, I'm amazed that you labored in pitocin with tetanic contractions and no pain meds! You're a powerful mama - congrats!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What wonderful story!  Thank you for sharing and Congratulations on your new addition and your successful vbac.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Amazing - Congrats!  I agree - they do rock.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congratulations on your lo and VBAC! !! Great experience!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Congrats!!!!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"