March 2012 Moms
Options

scary moment yesterday

DH and I both thought the other parent closed the gate.

We discovered we were both wrong when we heard a lot of thudding and then crying.

DD fell down about 6 stairs to the landing. She was okay. Just some bruising and a bump on her forehead. We took her in to the ER just to be sure there was nothing else wrong. They cleared her pretty quickly. Said we did the right things by checking her limbs, eyes, tummy, etc. and by bringing her in for a double check.

Today you can't even tell she had a tumble. The bruising is faded and the bump on her head is gone. But when I heard "Momma?" coming from her room at 7:20 this morning, it was the sweetest sound I have ever heard.

There is nothing scarier than seeing your baby laying at the bottom of the stairs. So very thankful that it wasn't worse. It really should have been. God was certainly protecting my baby girl yesterday. I am having a hard time with still seeing that image when I close my eyes or walk by the steps. So, so scary.

Moral of the story: Always, always confirm that the gate is closed.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

Re: scary moment yesterday

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"