High-Risk Pregnancy

Introing....but have been lurking....Long

Hi Ladies-

I guess I should introduce myself now since I have been lurking for about 4 weeks. I am currently 14 weeks pregnant with my first and will be last pregnancy because I am having triplets. I am 40 years old and will be delivering most likely between 30 and 31 weeks(beginning of July. My technical due date is 9/11. I am high risk for a number of reasons but I am already starting to have issues. I was previously hypertensive before I  got pregnant but it was very well controlled, only 1 pill, once a day. I was also considered "insulin resistant". I used to be Type 2 but lost almost 60lbs and it went away.My A1C was always 5 or below but whenever I did a glucose test my numbers would be very high. They would not classify as Type 2 anymore because of the low A1C so they said I was just insulin resistant now.

My MFM doctors have changed my BP meds because it was not condusive to baby development. I started taking 1 pill, 2xs a day and intially my BP shot right up and I gained 5lbs in water in 1 week. Apparently this med is not as strong as my reg BP med. They upped it to 3xs a day now. In 1 week I only gained 1.5 lbs and my BP dropped a good amount. My diastolic now ranges from 74-85 but I can't seem to get my systolic down consistently. It bounces up and down from 117- 145. Its very frustrating.

Also got a call from MFM this morning, my fasting #'s are on the higher side(nothing higher than 129 and I know the cause of the 129 #) so they want to start me on meds next week. I am hoping I won't start on insulin right away.

I am feeling very discouraged now.  I knew full well I was going to have problems with my BP and would most like become GD. I just didn't think it would happen so soon at 14 weeks. Out of curiousity, did any of you ladies start having issues early on in your pregnancy and if so, how early did they start? How are things going now?

I look forward to getting to know everyone on High-Risk and I do hope everyone stays healthy and happy.

Thank you!!!!

Re: Introing....but have been lurking....Long

• Welcome to the board and I know you will appreciate all the support that this board has to offer! I know I have received a lot since I stopped lurking and posting more. I don't have any BP issues but I had a 26 week preemie with DS due to PROM. MFM put

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you, I appreciate your kind words. Although I am already having problems with my body my babies are actually very strong and doing well. Even though I seem to be already GD or heading in that direction they are not measuring bigger than normal...

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome! I hope your stay here is an uneventful as possible but I know these ladies are a great source of support!! Congratulations also on your three little bundles!!
    IVF/ICSI #1 July/August 2011 BFP # 1 - B/G twins - preterm labor/cervical incompetency @ 23w3d FET # 1 March/April 2012 - BFN 5/1/12 FET # 2 July 2012 - BFN 7/24 FET # 3 BFP! EDD 5/15/13 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you Ladies for the warm welcome and the reassurance. I guess I am just very scared and anxious, along with every other mother on the HR board. I am back at my high risk doctor and will find out what the plan is for my bloodsugar and I am also hop

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"