High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Intro and Question

Hey everyone!  I am currecntly 13wks with my second pregnancy, first time I have gotten this far though.  I am high risk because of Factor V Leiden, a blood clotting disorder that makes me more prone to clots.  I have had tons of bleeding in the first tri due to three SCHs, but they have disolved/bled out.  So things are going pretty well right now.  It is great to have this board to relate to everyone.  I have a question for you ladies:  Who had to get their cervix measured?  I had a few LEEP procurders about 6 years ago and they want to make sure my cervix is not too short.  My question is, how do they measure it?  I'm assuming ultrasound?  What do they recommend if it is short?  I know all plans of action are different, just want to be a little prepared.  TIA!

Re: Intro and Question

• Options

Transvaginal ultrasound. My MFM doc did one at 12 weeks for a "baseline" but said they really weren't as accurate until around 16 weeks. For what it's worth, my first measurement was the same as my twin pregnancy which freaked me out. My latter ones up

IVF/ICSI #1 July/August 2011 BFP # 1 - B/G twins - preterm labor/cervical incompetency @ 23w3d FET # 1 March/April 2012 - BFN 5/1/12 FET # 2 July 2012 - BFN 7/24 FET # 3 BFP! EDD 5/15/13 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks so much!  I go Friday and I will update then.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have been getting TV ultrasounds since around 13 weeks. I had a cerclage placed to prevent IC.  Prayers to you for a happy and healthy nine months.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"