D.C. Area Babies
Options

Gaithersburg pediatricians and midwives

Just moved to Kentlands in Gaithersburg, and ISO a pediatrician for my 2yo. I prefer a laid back approach, not too crunchy but not too quick to prescribe antibiotics. Breastfeeding friendly. Willing to space out, but not skip, vaccinations.

Also, looking for a midwife to deliver either at a birthing center or hospital. And if there are any hospitals that are more natural birth friendly than others with a lower c section rate.

Thanks!

Re: Gaithersburg pediatricians and midwives

• Options
    We use dr Fusner in Kensington with Kensington pediatrics. They are laid back and open to alternate vaccines etc but always do the recommended ones as a rule first. I really like her and the nurse practitioner. It's a small practice so they really know you.

Shady grove is working on the mom baby friendly certification and I was really happy with them. There is a group of midwives who work there. I don't think midwives are at any of the other hospitals close by. You'd have to go to gw hospital downtown for another group. If you decide to use a doctor dr renzi at capital women's care is the best doctor I have ever been to and I hear that from a his patients.
    1 Baby Girl 12/28/12 
    #2 due 11/28/14
    2 Angel Babies 9/11, 2/12

• Options
    We used Midwifery Care Associates with our last pregnancy and now current one. They have offices at White Flint, also in Frederick. They deliver at Shady Grove--we loved it there and found it to be very friendly to natural approaches and rooming in, etc. I highly recommend both MCA and Shady Grove.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Our 18 mo has been going to Dr. Hirsch in Rockville since he was born. Dr. Hirsch works alone so you always know he's who you'll see, which I love. He's a big fan of breastfeeding, but pretty laid back to make his suggestions and let you as the parent do what you feel is best. We love him!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"