New Jersey Babies

The bradley method?? hmmm

Hi ladies!

Anyone sign up and take the 12 week Bradley method classes? I'm considering having a natural delivery (first time mom) and would love to get feedback! Anyone go with Baby Please! in Cranford taught by Michelle Gabriel?

Re: The bradley method?? hmmm

• Hi. I am currently taking a Bradley Method class and both DH and I have enjoyed it so far. It's very informative about the whole birthing process and I feel it is empowering us to make informed decisions when the time will come to give birth. It can be a bit "overly natural" at times but as long as you know to filter what you hear based on your own beliefs, it can be a great resource!

Unfortunately, I live on the NJ/PA border so I'm taking the class in PA so I can't shed any light on the Cranford class!

Visit The Nest!
  • My DH and I are currently taking the Bradley classes (10-12 weeks.. flexible) with Jennifer Miano. I agree that it is extremely informative (much more than the information you get from the midwives) and exciting especially for first timers considering the natural approach to childbirth. In addition, it is also a time set aside each week to bond with your DH and express your anxieties or concerns about the process. We really like our instructor. I would recommend a certified instructor (AAHCC) and not a provisional one because they are more trained in this method. Send me a pm if you need more info.
  • Loading the player...
  • I gave birth on March 7 using the Bradley Method. I did it with no drugs. All the nurses and the doc were amazed at how well I did. It was a very calm and peaceful birth. Using the bradley method I was able to stay focused and bring my DS into this world naturally.  

For me the key was my husband. He was SO supportive and wonderful throughout labor. The classes were extremely helpful and very important. Our teacher is bradley certified and was wonderful as well.

My biggest bit of advise is EAT  and DRINK the day you are in labor. I was dehydrated and hungry so I lost energy towards the end. 

Good luck, you can do it! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"