Birthday Parties
Options

GTKY: Past themes

What themes have you used for your LOs parties in the past? Which one was your favorite?

What's the next one? (if you already know)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary

Re: GTKY: Past themes

• Options

For DS's first birthday we went with baby dinosaurs; his 2nd one was Thomas the train

I liked planning the dino party best; not having a set character gave me much more freedom regarding decoration and food. I hope he'll still like dinosaurs when he's around 8-10 yrs old because there were so many fun ideas for a kid dinosaur party

So far he says he wants a soccer theme for his 3rd birthday in november, we'll see if he still wants that at the end of the summer (start of the planning time!)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    nah82nah82 member

What themes have you used for your LOs parties in the past? Which one was your favorite?

For my oldest I did: 1st - Barnyard, 2nd - Pixar Cars, 3rd - Thomas the Train.  Little brother is going to have Sock Monkeys for his 1st next weekend.  I've had fun with them all.  I loved the cow print balloons I used for barnyard and butterscotch "haystacks".  I loved the running train track we set up in the middle of the dining table for Thomas and being able to use his train cars as balloon weights.  Tip for other moms: Pick a theme that your kid has a lot of toys to match, they can go so far for decorations without having to spend any $!

What's the next one? (if you already know)

Right now my 3 year old is starting to get into Spiderman, and I can totally see me stocking up on spider web for decorating after Halloween (his bday is December).  But we are also anticipating the Airplanes sequelish movie to Cars coming out in August.  He loves Cars so I can see him getting into these characters, too, and I have pinned some airplane party ideas.  Also tempted to do a Jeep theme for a 4th birthday because I could play with the 4x4 idea.  I already have Jeep treat bags stashed because I saw them at Dollar Tree.

My soon to be 1 year old enjoys watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Jake and the Neverland Pirates, so maybe one of those next year.  More likely Jake, just because a lot of people do Mickey and my cousin did it just last year.

I have a CRAZY amount of theme ideas pinned for future use; Camo/Hunting (December bday is the start of Deer season!) Legos, Nerf, Tools (I have tools napkins stashed because Oriental Trading clearance them off!)...

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD is 6 months, so no past themes. I'm thinking of doing a bee theme for her first.
  • Options
    DD1 is almost 3. First birthday we did a Ladybug theme. Last year for her second birthday we did a "Fresh Beat Band" theme. She LOVES them. Not sure if this year we will have a theme because we are doing it at a place. DD2 is not even 3 months old yet so we haven't had any birthday parties for her yet. Not sure what we will do, maybe some kind of winter wonderland since her bday is in December, only 2 days before Christmas.
  • Options
    For DS`s first birthday we did a baby mickey theme. For his second birthday we had a Toy Story party which was his favorite Disney movie at the time. We are Disney nuts in our house. These were not generic party city type parties though, I spent a lot of time thinking of ideas and going on Pinterest. I am excited for this LO to get here, can`t wait to throw girly parties!
    No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.

• Options

DS isn't a year old yet but I'm starting to plan his first birthday. 

I think we're doing a Sesame Street theme with the main characters (Big Bird, Cookie Monster, Elmo, Bert & Ernie) & main colors (blue, orange, red, green.) I've pinned some really cute ideas on pinterest. He doesn't have any clue what Sesame Street is but the theme song puts him to sleep so it's special to DH and I!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My favorites were game night and movies. It's easy to come up wth ideas for broad themes. For game night, I used favorite tv game shows, board games and card games. Movies was obviously a mix of treasured films.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • Options

DS:
    1st - Noah's Ark
    2nd - Two Two Trains
    3rd - Mickey
    4th - Pirates

I have no idea what I'll do for DD's 1st birthday, but her 2nd will be "TuTu" if I can swing it. 

• Options

First year we did a monkey/jungle theme

Second year was Sesame Street

This year is Dinosaur Train (hopefully I can repeat the train theme and the dinosaur theme at some point)

Next year I think probably Octonauts, Cars or Planes

• Options

We are doing baby Mickey for his first. 

utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Getting Pregnant">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

1st- L/monogramed theme

2nd- Pizza party, so no real theme, but I gave toy dumptrucks and felt purses filled with treats to the couple of kids that came. 

3rd- Carnival

4th- Gymnastics

5th- Under The Sea pool party and water slide

6th- Retro Barbie/Spa Sleepover...very pink!

7th- Dinner and a Movie

8th- went to NYC

9th- NYC themed dinner and "night on the town" at our house 

• Options

1st was very hungry caterpillars and 2nd was sesame street. No idea what 3 will be yet (in November). Both were really fun themes!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

1st Birthday:  Was a RockStar party.  It was fun, all the kiddos came dressed rocked out... the teens came with wigs and band tees.

The Kitchen was the "green room" that was filled with food and drinks.

The party room was the stage for the kids to rock out.

LootBags...were filled with microphones, sunglasses, lots of treats

2nd.  We are currently working on a Mickey Mouse ClubHouse theme.

It'll be at home, hoping to rent facepainter/character.  we got cute invites from etsy.

Food will play on the characters name.

I enjoy going all themed out, so no matter the theme, I will have fun with it.  I like this one right now, because I see my sons face light up everytime we get something MICKEY for his party

• Options

My DD's first birthday was a polka dots and striped themed party in our county park. We had polka dot fruit salad with melon balls, lots of sprinkles on everything at the dessert table, and a hot dog bar.

This year will be "This Ain't My First Rodeo, It's My Second" western theme.  We are renting the preschool where I work and having a pony!  I will make tons of decor in cow and bandana print.  And we will have western BBQ food like pulled pork sandwiches and corn on the cob.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

DD1- Funky girl monkey, mickey mouse, strawberry short cake

DD2- butterflies

• Options

For DD's 1st birthday- we didn't use a theme, just pink and purple plates, balloons, etc but had a Care Bears cake that matched her bedding.

2nd birthday-Yo Gabba Gabba everything.

3rd birthday- At her request, sun, moon and stars. We hung them all from thread and taped them to the walls. 

4th birthday is next weekend! And she wants a Justin Bieber party. Already got all the paper goods and Mom ordered a door hanging off Oriental Trading.

Cheryl (26) Andy (25) Married 1 year as of 8-17-13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

1st: The Beatles

2nd: DD is obsessed with The Muppets, so maybe that. We'll see if she can vocalize what she wants by the time I start planning. :-) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imagetranscriber87:

For DD's 1st birthday- we didn't use a theme, just pink and purple plates, balloons, etc but had a Care Bears cake that matched her bedding.

3rd birthday- At her request, sun, moon and stars. We hung them all from thread and taped them to the walls. 

4th birthday is next weekend! And she wants a Justin Bieber party. Already got all the paper goods and Mom ordered a door hanging off Oriental Trading.

She knows who Bieber is at 4? My 8 year old has only listened to a couple of his songs at her age. I can't handle listening to him! 

• Options

His first birthday was "Snips and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails"

2nd will be train themed since he's obsessed with choo choos.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagekrysbb521:
    DD will be 1 on August 17th and we plan on doing Olivia in Onederland theme.

how cute!

Jack will be one in June and I'm probably going to do a nautical themed party. Others I have considered are sock monkeys and Peter Rabbit. 

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageKateMW:
    imagetranscriber87:

She knows who Bieber is at 4? My 8 year old has only listened to a couple of his songs at her age. I can't handle listening to him! 

Yes, thanks to a little girl last year at daycare who wore his T-shirt everyday LOL! That is when it all began. I don't really care for his music but she has her Grandma liking him LOL!
    Cheryl (26) Andy (25) Married 1 year as of 8-17-13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imagetranscriber87:
    imageKateMW:
    imagetranscriber87:

Yes, thanks to a little girl last year at daycare who wore his T-shirt everyday LOL! That is when it all began. I don't really care for his music but she has her Grandma liking him LOL!

Oh I would die! I can't handle listening to him at all. Now, DD did ask for a Beatles birthday one year...way more my style! 

• Options

,DD1:
    1 - flowers
    2- Musical Jamboree
    3 - Wizard of Oz
    4 - Pirate Parrrty
    Next month for 5, Super heroes,

DD2
    1- Winter "one"derland
    2 - Sunshine
    3- Tangled

DD3
    She'll be 1 December 15. We're doing a July in Christmas theme - i.e. the opposite of Christmas in July - beachy theme 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • Options

1st: Dinosaurs

2nd: Construction

3rd: Toy Story

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageNotwifezilla7:

DD3

She'll be 1 December 15. We're doing a July in Christmas theme - i.e. the opposite of Christmas in July - beachy theme 

So cute! You better share pics! 

• Options

1st - vintage circus

2nd - vintage airplanes

Clearly, I like vintage themes. I have no ideas for his 3rd. He loves YGG but I'd really love to stay away from character birthdays as long as possible. I'll probably just ask him as it gets closer, though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Her 1st birthday was "You Are My Sunshine".

This year (next week!) will be Sesame Street.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options

DS- we didn't do characters for any of these, just did a general theme as well as color scheme

1st- monkey (brown, maroon, and blue)

2nd- puppy (greens and blues)

3rd- pirate (red, black, and yellow)

DD- I knew since she was about 3 months old it was going to be a cupcake theme for her 1st birthday. Colors were bright pink, purple and teal.

I made all the invites and decorations with the Cricut.

Not sure what their next themes will be. I love the idea of the July in Christmas, my DS's birthday is New Years Eve. 

• Options
    hmp1hmp1 member

DS1

1st birthday: it was at Indoor Safari Park, a kid play place, so we went with a safari theme.

2nd birthday: at his gym, we did Red White & 2 theme.

DS2

His 1st birthday will be in our backyard with a Milk & Cookies theme

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options

1st- Dr. Seuss. That was A TON of work and I loved it!

2nd- Sock Monkey

I have not started thinking about the 3rd yet. If we have a decent football team this year, it would be cute to do our team as a theme. Otherwise I may do firetrucks or..hmmm.... I dunno! 

• Options
    Hi, new here, I like this post! DS (1) Winter "Onederland" (December b-day) (2) The Wiggles (3) Curious George (4) Dinos (5) Arthur Read DD (1) Baby jungle animals (2) Barnyard animal theme (3) coming up in July, will probably let her pick My favorites were the Winter "Onederland", Wiggles, and Barnyard Animals. The latter two because those were things the kids were really into at that age and they were so excited to see, for example, a Big Red Car cake. My son actually keeps asking when he can have that cake again....
  • Options

For DD's first birthday we did The Very Hungry Caterpillar.

Her 2nd birthday will be Dr. Seuss.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    akayfakayf member

DS1.....1st was Hungry caterpillar. 2nd was trains(just trains...very little Thomas).  3rd was race car.  4th was trains again(his request...I tried to talk him into contruction).  5th will be Angry Birds

DS2. 1st was Dr. Seuss.   2 nd will be Mickey Mouse.

themes that I would like to do in the future are contruction, Lego, super heros, and Don't let the pigeon drive the bus(love that book and have lots of cute ideas for a party) 

• Options
    For DD, first was mermaids, second will be barnyard.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

DS 1st--Green Eggs & Ham

DS 2nd--Little Einsteins

DS 3rd--Cowboy (ma fav!)

DS 4th--we are planning on an Art Party

DD 1st--Winter ONEderland

DD 2nd--no idea yet

• Options

Oliver:

1- Hot Air balloon

2-Elmo

3-Farm

4-Pirate (golden)

5-Star Wars

6-Super Hero

7-Carnival

8-Knights

9-Mad Scientist

10-Sponge bob

11-Pool

12-Mario

He will be 13 this year and from now on we will do a haunted dinner party for his friends.(October b-day)

Audrey:

1-Luau

2-Safari

3-Princess/castle

4-Enchanted forest tea party

5-Mermaid/under the sea

6-smurf

7-barbie

She will 8 and we are doing adventure time! (August)

Violet:

1-You are my Sunshine

for her 2nd we are doing a puppy party.(September)

I loved all the parties I guess my least favorite were the year we were moving and during my last pregnancy they were not up to par with the other parties.

siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"