Boston Babies

Boston IVF - Dr. Thornton?

Hi all -

Just scheduled my first appt with Dr. Thornton out of the Boston IVF Worcester office.  Wanted to see if anyone else has seen her or has any feedback?

Mixed reviews in what I found online.

TIA!

Me 35, H 34 TTC#1 since August 2012.
Picture 003

My Ovulation Chart

Re: Boston IVF - Dr. Thornton?

• I have her. What she did worked as I have a daughter now. But I do not are for her but the convenience of her in the area is a plus. She typed on the computer the whole visit and no matter how many times I saw her she always acted as if I was a new patient and asked me the same things! The staff in that office is fantastic!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • If you want a great doctor and personalized care try Dr Huang at Fertility Solutions Boston IVf is a baby factory
    6 m/c
    Anovulatory cycles, increased Synthroid Diagnosed Sep 2010
    Natural cycle Dec 2010 BFP M/C 6 1/2 Weeks, D&E Jan 2011
    1 Clomid/Ovidrel BFN May 2011
    Natural cycle Aug 2011 BFP M/C 4 Weeks
    1 IUI Sept 2011 BFP M/c 7 weeks
    Provera Dec 2011 BFP M/C 3 Weeks
    DQ ALPHA HLA MATCH, High NK Cells Diagnosed Dec 2011
    IVF March 2012 BFP m/c 4weeks 5 days (IL, Prednisone)
    IVF#2w/DS July 2012 MEGA FAILURE BFN (IL, Dexamethasone)
    Diagnosed No real HLA Match, DQ Beta Triad, High TNF, Low NK Cells
    Oct 2012 Natural Cycle m/c 4wks (Lovenox, Prednisone) 
    Went to Beer Center- high tnf, low lad, implantation failure
    Nov/Dec 2012 LIT Treatment
    Dec 12 Humira
    Jan 2013 BFP
    Humira,LIT,Prednisone, Lovenox, IVIG, Baby Aspirin
    Miracle Born August 2013 Premature

Yours doesn't have to be a sad story

Lilypie - (ugiy)

• Loading the player...
  • I had a FANTASTIC experience with Boston IVF. Whomever your actual doctor is there doesn't matter a ton though, from my experience at least. We saw Dr. Oskowitz in Brookline (the founder) and he gave us our initial consults and then we never met with him again. We got update calls from nurses and the procedures were performed in Waltham by whomever was on duty that day. Honestly though, I felt in good hands by their entire team and wholeheartedly recommend them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Haven't checked this in a while, but I wanted to thanks everyone for their responses.  We go on March 1st, so we will see how it goes.

Picture 003

My Ovulation Chart
  • We used Boston IVF, with Dr. Bayer out of the Waltham office.  It's been a good experience.  Dr. Bayer and the entire Waltham staff (where you would have the surgery and any weekend bloodwork/ultrasound appointments) have been terrific.
  • Boston Ivf, seems some what like a factory...but I am pregnant! Don't get discouraged if it takes a little while but you will get a baby:)
    Finally my dream came true:) I'm pregnant!
  • Thanks for the feedback.  A little worried about the factory aspect that a few have mentioned, but if at the end of the day we have a take home baby, I'll be thrilled!

Picture 003

My Ovulation Chart
  • I see Dr. Riley out of Brookline and Waltham. I am very happy with the care.. It is busy and fast paced but they are wonderful at what they do.. I am a bit more patient since I work in the field. I am 1 week out from transfer. Get pregnancy results Friday!!
  • If you don't like it there, I had a great experience with Brighams and Women's.  I live on the South Shore and the satellite office in Weymouth was SO CONVENIENT, but you really had the resources of the hospital available to you (ER and ET at the hospital in Boston but monitoring at the satellite, etc).
  • imageluvboston:
    If you want a great doctor and personalized care try Dr Huang at Fertility Solutions Boston IVf is a baby factory

We loved Dr Huang!!
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"