2nd Trimester

Am I crazy...?

My m/s went away last week and now I feel like there's no way of knowing that my pregnancy is going along healthily. I am basically wishing the m/s was still there just so I know baby is OK. Anyone else feeling this way? For those of you whose m/s is also gone, how do you reassure yourself that your baby is growing healthily?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Am I crazy...?

• You do your best to try to enjoy it, and wait until your next appointment.  Or, you go out and buy a doppler to be able to check the HB when you get nervous.

It is actually a good sign that your m/s has gone away, because that is completely normal.

I also look for other signs, like my bump getting bigger, and feeling the stretching and round ligament pain.  I still have gas, but that's about it at this point.

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks. I was having the round ligament pain but it doesn't seem to be bothering me lately and my bump doesn't SEEM to be getting bigger but maybe that's my imagination. My tummy is bigger but it just looks like I gained weight. My next appointment is until another 2 1/2 weeks. I guess I just need to chill out and enjoy the lack of m/s for now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes exactly, for a while i didnt feel pregnant at all and almost had to believe in the whole stork brings the baby thing Big Smile it almost feels like some days there isnt a little human inside me but then he starts kicking of he hits a growth spurt and i can feel him growing. :) jusy try to keep the faith that all is well in there. H&H 9MONTHS..
    started ttc: june 2011 BFP:10/30/11 natural m/c 11/3/11 BFP:2/4/12 natural m/c 2/8/12 BFP: 3/9/12 EDD: nov.14th 2012 beta#1: 998 beta#2: over 2,000 HR:120bpm stick baby stick :) staying positive :)BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I cannot wait for the kicking to begin!!! Hopefully it starts in a couple weeks. :D
  • Lurking between tris but my m/s pretty much dissipated last week so when I went for my appointment last Thursday I told the nurses I don't feel pregnant! lol I still have sore nipples though and get seriously hungry so I guess those are all I have to remind me. But we heard the heartbeat on doppler so I ordered one of my own for when I get freaked out for no reason.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • No you're not I've been feeling the same way. I worried about being sick and now I worry about feeling well and I really want to look Preg not just tubby and I want baby to start kicking. I've felt some but OMG am I a worrier right now lol
  • My m/s went away around week 15. Try to enjoy things :) Your bump will start growing gradually and soon you'll feel movement, but try not to stress about things and relax knowing many women stop having m/s around 13 or 14 weeks so it's a normal part of pregnancy (for many.) The next few weeks will fly by and you'll have reassurance at your appointment soon. 
    Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
    Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03, estradiol 0, HCG 7) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
    March 11, 2014 ovulated despite every doctors prognosis!!!
    Oct 2014 hormones (FSH 48, Estradiol 89, HCG 1) not good, but heckuva lot better!

Nov. 16, 2015 FET of single adopted 5AA embryo - BFN
    Read all about my TCC Journey here in my Blog Taking Back My Ovaries
  • I've been having this same issue. My first u/s is on Monday and I'm so worried they'll tell me something is wrong because I have absolutely no symptoms anymore and I haven't felt any movement yet. I've been trying not to think about it but the closer my appointment gets the more I worry.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i felt the same way so i went out & bought a fetal doppler so on the days i really worried i could hear her heartbeat & know shes actually in there!! don't worry, the feeling is normal! Yes
  • You're far enough along that you could buy a doppler if you want to.  I did with my first pregnancy and listened to the heartbeat a couple times a week until I was far enough along to feel consistent movement.
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • You know whats funny.. I didn't even know I was pregnant until 15 1/2 weeks with DD.  Your symptoms will come and go.  If you concerend feel free to contact your doctor.  A sick mom doesn't always mean a healthy baby btw.. it just means your body is dealing with the hormones produced due the pregnancy.  The further into the pregnancy you get you won't be sick at all.  You will (at least from personal experience) experience more fatigue, bouts of energy, and maybe dizzyiness from time to time.  
  • As long as you are not having any issues like bleeding I say enjoy this calm time.  My little man can get in some really hard kicks to unpleasent parts of my body, his other thing is being a night owl.  No sleep for mommy.
  • Thank you for all the responses! It is reassuring to know I'm not the only one and that some of you have already been through this. Big Smile I do feel better about it now and I just cannot wait for the kicks to start!
  • So I just had this convo with my dr yesterday and he said in a few weeks I should start to feel movement so just hang tough until then!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• I never had any morning sickness at all, I didn't show much till recently, and I didn't feel any kicks until recently either. So I was worried every day that something was wrong - and I even felt guilty when I told people I was pregnant because I thought maybe I really wasn't. :) But the doctor assured me I was indeed pregnant and when we had our big ultrasound a couple days ago it was SUCH a relief to see how much the baby was moving around even thought I couldn't feel him.

Now I just try not to worry because it won't do me any good anyway. And honestly, if you did find out something was wrong, would having been sick with worry the last month have been better? Or somehow prepare you for it? I decided not. :)  

• I've really had very little m/s and in general few symptoms. I haven't been worrying mostly because the women in my family (sister, mom, grandma) didn't have a lot of symptoms with their pregnancies either so I guess it's just in our genes.

I also can feel my uterus when I push on my stomach so in the past 2 weeks I've felt it creep up ever so slowly towards my belly button so that's the only "reassuring" thing I can check out for myself. 

• I am in the same boat.  Hearing the heart beat last week was reassuring... even though it took the med student ten hours to find it and still couldn't it.  My Doc finally found it.  Geesh.  Definitely anxiously waiting for those first kicks.
  • My morning sickness is gone too and wondered the same thing, but my boobs are still big and tender.  That tells me plenty.  I had a miscarriage with my first baby and that was the first thing to go.  I just woke up one morning and my boobs were back to normal.  lol, don't judge me or think I'm weird but when I have those moments of doubt and I'm wanting reassurance I just grab a boob to see if they feel tender still.
  • I felt the same way once my m/s went away around 13 weeks 4 days.  I didnt have an appointment for a few more weeks and it was to early to feel the baby move. Try to enjoy it and not stress out.  You feel better now and thats not a bad thing.  As long as you dont have any significant cramping or bleeding then dont worry.  Soon enough you will start to feel it move and all of your fears will disappear.  
  • I feel crazy and anxious when I do not feel symptoms for a certain amount of time, especially since I still haven't felt the baby.

Lilypie - (eoyh)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"