High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Intro

Hello everyone!  I have been lurking about on this board for a few weeks and actually responding to some posts, so I thought I'd introduce myself.  I am on my 3rd pregnancy (13wk1d), and I am high risk for low amniotic fluid and growth restriction.  My first was born at 32weeks (3lb 10oz) and my 2nd born at 36 weeks (4lb 12oz).  Hoping that with the progesterone shots I might make it to at least 37 weeks, since then I would be considered full term.  My doctor didn't really give me a reason for my low fluid, just that it must have something to do with my body chemistry since it's happened with both of my girls.  Also hoping to make it through this time w/o preterm labor and bedrest.  I am a stay-at-home mom now and can't imagine having my 2 toddlers while I'm on bedrest. 

Quick quesiton:  Is anyone else having or have had progesterone shots?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Intro

• Options
    Welcome!  Yes, I am on the p17 shots now, I started them at 16 weeks and will continue through 36 weeks.  I am currently 23 weeks, I still have a lot of contractions, but they don't progress.  I delivered my daughter at 33.5 weeks and belie
  • Options
    Welcome!! I have been taking the shots also, 16-36 weeks, and so far have been hospitalized x 3 to stop contractions. I am dilated and effaced but hoping procardia and strict bedrest prevent anything further. I have noticed the day after the shot I feel m
    IVF/ICSI #1 July/August 2011 BFP # 1 - B/G twins - preterm labor/cervical incompetency @ 23w3d FET # 1 March/April 2012 - BFN 5/1/12 FET # 2 July 2012 - BFN 7/24 FET # 3 BFP! EDD 5/15/13 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Welcome to the board! I am also on P17 shots and will be on it for weeks 16-36. DH has been administering the shots and I was surprised at how good he is at it which is great since my hospital is an hour away from where I live. The only side effect I

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your input on the shot.  The nurse is going to give me the first one at my 16 week appt and teach my husband how to do it so I won't have to go in every week.  I think I could probably do it to myself if it's in the thigh or
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Wow, you have a lot going on.  I will pray this pregnancy is a lot easier on you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"