Health & Exercise

Vitamixer or cuisinart?

What's better for pureeing raw and/or cooked fruits/veggies/cooked quinoa/oatmeal for baby food? A cuisinart or vitamixer and why?

Re: Vitamixer or cuisinart?

• My response is assuming you're asking the difference between a Cuisinart food processor and a Vitamix blender.  Not a Cuisinart blender.  

I have a Cuisinart Elite Die Cast 16 Cup Food Processor and love it.  It does everything I need it to do and it's not a huge PIA to clean.  I puree soups all of the time and they come out smooth.  I will say, however, if you have the money to spend, I hear the Vitamix can't be beat for pureeing (you can get the Cuisinart at Williams Sonoma for $300 whereas the cheapest Vitamix is about $450).  All of my chef and foodie friends think it's well worth the cost.  

After you stop making baby food, what would be your primary use of either machine?  If you're buying it solely to make baby food I would go with the cheaper option because sooner rather than later your baby will be able to eat table food.  If you plan on blending a lot of soups and drinks in the long run, the Vitamix is probably the better option.  Whereas if you plan on doing a lot of slicing, chopping or bake a lot, I would choose the Cuisinart.

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Thanks for your response. I was referring to the cuisinart food processor. I would continue to use the Vitamix for smoothies. I currently have a cuisinart now but I just realized that it's an older model and has BPA in it! I feel awful. I've been pureeing my son's food in it for a month. I realize that cuisinart now sells its bowls that are BPA free. So I can't decide if I should stick with the food processor but BPA one or buy a Vitamix. Thanks for your advice, much appreciated.
  • Loading the player...
  • NP.   You shouldn't feel bad about the BPA bowls in your current food processor. The bowls are just used for mixing, correct?  Maybe I'm wrong but I think the leaching issue with BPA has to do with heat or prolonged contact with the container.  If you're just mixing, I would think contact would be minimal.  

I say go with the Vitamix if you already have a food processor.  If I had the space (I live in an NYC apt), I'd probably spring for both. 

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I cant speak for the Cuisinart but I have a Vitamx and love it! We got a refurbished model so we saved about $200 on it and it will literally blend anything. it is kind of big and a little noisy but it gets the job done.

• I love my vitamix
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"