Pregnant With New Employer — The Bump
Los Angeles Babies

Pregnant With New Employer

Hello

I am 12 weeks pregnant with my second baby and just started new employment.  I was able to utlilize every and all sorts of disability and leave plans during my first pregnancy and was off of work for approximately 4-5 months.

Can someone please shed some light on what kind of disability I will be able to utilize and claim with a new employer?  I understand that I am able to get 6 weeks SDI or 8 weeks if c-section.  But what about FMLA and PFL etc?  Am I able to get SDI 1 month prior to my due date?  Any and all advise would be great!

Re: Pregnant With New Employer

• You can also get 6 weeks for bonding in CA--it is the same amount as what you would get for SDI.  You will get the letter close to when your 6 or 8 weeks (depending on vaginal delivery or c-section) is up, which you could apply for.  There are requirements for an employer to qualify for FMLA, which you could look up (some of the requirements is 50 or more employees and you must be employed for 12 months before you take leave).  You can also get SDI 4 weeks before your due date, if your OB says you are disabled (which most OBs will say if you ask them).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards