July 2011 Moms
Options

Toledo, Ohio?

I know not all of the REALLY old group is still around, but I remember a few being from the Toledo area.  We're moving there this summer and I was just curious who might be around there.  
imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Toledo, Ohio?

• Options

Yes This chick Yes

I'm about 20 min. SW of Toledo. Used to live in Toledo, but had to move due to crime, exorbitant taxes (we had to pay twice for trash pickup and had to pay a fine if we didn't recycle) and severe mismanagement of the city. It's slowly turning into a mini Detroit. I would recommend one of the many wonderful suburbs: Sylvania, Maumee, Waterville, Monclova, Whitehouse.

The only other July bumpie from around here that I know of is jesstellina.

I'm always up for a GTG if you're ever interested! Smile

imageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMarsee:

Yes This chick Yes

I'm about 20 min. SW of Toledo. Used to live in Toledo, but had to move due to crime, exorbitant taxes (we had to pay twice for trash pickup and had to pay a fine if we didn't recycle) and severe mismanagement of the city. It's slowly turning into a mini Detroit. I would recommend one of the many wonderful suburbs: Sylvania, Maumee, Waterville, Monclova, Whitehouse.

Awesome!  I was actually born in Toledo and lived there until I was 9.  (Well, Metamora and Swanton).  DH got an amazing job offer in Temperance, MI to start in June.  So back we go...  

I'm looking in Sylvania and Temperance right now.  I'd like his commute to be short.  Sylvania has ridiculous taxes though!  I'd love to get together when we get up there!  I've been trying to do a little research about the different kid friend places (zoo, science center, etc.).  I have #2 on the way, so I want to take advantage as much as possible June & July.

I'd love to stay in touch! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep, here I am! Lovin life in West Toledo... Welcome back to the area, Tiff! You'll love the cloth diaper store, Sweet Cheeks, in Sylvania.

Jess & Adam, married 2009, precious Audrey born in 2011. BFP 1/6/13, 6-wk MMC discovered at 9 wks 2/11/13. D&C 2/18/13, second D&C 4/23/13 for retained placenta.
    BFP 8/24/13!! EDD 5/1/14, delivered healthy and sweet Zoey Leanne on 5/5/14 by repeat c-section.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagejesstellina:
    Yep, here I am! Lovin life in West Toledo... Welcome back to the area, Tiff! You'll love the cloth diaper store, Sweet Cheeks, in Sylvania.

Cloth diaper store!?  Woohoo! That makes me super happy! 

• Options
    imagebananatiff:
    imageMarsee:

Yes This chick Yes

Awesome!  I was actually born in Toledo and lived there until I was 9.  (Well, Metamora and Swanton).  DH got an amazing job offer in Temperance, MI to start in June.  So back we go...  

I'm looking in Sylvania and Temperance right now.  I'd like his commute to be short.  Sylvania has ridiculous taxes though!  I'd love to get together when we get up there!  I've been trying to do a little research about the different kid friend places (zoo, science center, etc.).  I have #2 on the way, so I want to take advantage as much as possible June & July.

I'd love to stay in touch! 

Temperance is very nice. I used to go to my MW appts there.

Send me a PM anytime; it'd be fun to GTG. I'll also second the rec for the Sweet Cheeks CD store. It's really nice. Smile 

imageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I grew up in Toledo, Ottawa Hills to be exact. I agree with the PP that you want to stay in the suburbs. Good luck with your move.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMarsee:

Yes This chick Yes

I love it there! I've had family there since I was born. They are all in Maumee, Northwood, and Oregon!  

• Options
    imageTabbiC:
    imageMarsee:

Yes This chick Yes

I love it there! I've had family there since I was born. They are all in Maumee, Northwood, and Oregon!  

Are you in that area Tabbi? 

• Options
    imagebananatiff:
    imageTabbiC:
    imageMarsee:

Yes This chick Yes

Are you in that area Tabbi? 

i wish! I'm in Georgia! 

• Options

I just noticed this post!  I'm originally from Toledo, OH but live in Dundee, MI (25 mi north).  My family all still lives in Toledo & surrounding areas!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"