Georgia Babies

Asking for support re. Olivers health

Hi ladies,
Now that things have settled down I wanted to tell you about Oliver. When i was in recovery from my c section, the NICU nurse came and informed us that Oliver had signs of Down Syndrome. The diagnosis has since been confirmed.
We did not know ahead of time so this was quite shocking and devastating news to hear at the time. He has some heart problems and other medical issues related to the diagnosis.
This has been such a roller coaster of emotions. I am completely in love with this child and while the diagnosis scares us, i would not trade his life for anything. He is perfect in our eyes. I'm scared for the future but we are trying to focus on one day at a time. This is really just very emotional, but i will say it has so far brought DH and i closer together and we have learned things about each others character that have amazed us. I just wanted to share and ask for your support. I'm hopeful that he will thrive and amaze us in ways we did not expect.thanks
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Asking for support re. Olivers health

• I can't even imagine all the emotions you must be going through - all the support in the world to you and you family...
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Lots of love to you and your family. We're here to support you!!
    Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Many many thoughts and much support!  The sheer emotions you guys are experiencing, I can't even imagine.  Regardless of what / who you believe in, I have always believed that everything in our lives happen for a reason.  We may not know or understand it at the immediate moment we learn of bad news or during a trying time, but it has happened to teach us something either about ourself or about life. 

You and your sweet family are in my thoughts - like you said, take each day one at a time.  I have no doubt that sweet little Oliver will amaze you with so much!

• First off, congrats, I can't wait to see pictures of Oliver! As hard as it may be, try to forget about the diagnosis for right now and enjoy that sweet baby. I highly recommend Kelle Hampton's book, Bloom. I've been where you are, twice in fact, and I know how hard it is. Both of my boys have special needs (Fragile X Syndrome) and nothing can prepare you to hear that your child isn't perfect. If you need anything or want to just chat or vent, please feel free to email me at ckdram at yahoo dot com. Regardless of any diagnosis, you will all be fine. Big hugs, Momma! ~ Rachel

Derek 6.30.09 & Parker 4.1.11
    Family
  • I am sorry to hear you are going through this. I am sure you will find great support on this board and others. There are so many amazing women here and people willing to help each other through whatever situations arise. I can't imagine how hard this must be for you and your family.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I can't even begin to imagine the emotional roller coaster you have been on. Hugs to you. Praying that you have a strong support system. And we're always here.
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Sending you tons of positive thoughts and support your way. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Many prayers to you and your family.
  • **huge hugs**

I can't even imagine how emotional all of this is for you and your family. Many thoughts and prayers for you, your family, and especially, Oliver. I don't know how much help I can be, but Brynn had a couple heart surgeries at 8 days old (for a VSD (hole in her heart) and coarctation of the aorta). If you want to talk about any of the heart things, I would be happy to talk to you about how things went for the surgeries at Eggleston.

• Oliver is truly such a lucky little boy to have such amazing parents, and I know he is already such a blessing to your family and will continue to be so.  I will certainly keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You are in our prayers
  • kepkep member
    Congratulations on your new son! I am sure he is adorable! Much love and many prayers for you and your DH as you navigate this journey. I agree--he is blessed to have such loving and caring parents. XOXO
    Photo by Everything Nice Photography
    My blog
  • Huge hugs, prayer, love and support coming your way. Oliver is blessedntonhave such strong loving parents. I can't imagine allmofnthe emotions you must be feeling. Thinking of you and your family can't wait to see pics of sweet baby Oliver. 
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Congrats and he is lucky to have such caring loving parents. Praying for strength and comfort as you go through the next little bit navigate what is ahead for y'all. 
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Congratulations to you and your family on the amazing gift of Oliver.  I hope to meet him in person one day.  In the immediate future I will be praying for your family and the doctors as you address and treat the heart concerns.
  • I'm not on here much anymore but have been checking back just to hear an update from you! Congratulations on your new baby boy!! I agree with everyone else that he us blessed to have been given to such great parents. I know it won't always be easy, and sometimes you won't feel as emotionally capable of handling all of this, but you can and you will because you are his mother. I can't wait to see pictures! Hugs!
    Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • Congratulations on baby Oliver!  He is luck to have such a wonderful family, and he is sure to be a great blessing in your lives. 

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• Congratulations on your little boy! The name Oliver is adorable. I will keep him my thoughts and prayers. I hope that his health issues are mild and treatable. The Special Needs board on the bump is great and there are several moms with DS kids.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • Here is a link to a blog by one of the posters on the SN board her DD has DS:

https://www.meetinglauren.blogspot.com/?m=1

Sorry I couldn't make a clicky, I'm bfp.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • frlcbfrlcb member
    Lots and lots of prayers and hugs
  • I can't even imagine the shock of hearing that and being totally unprepared.  In time you will figure out what to do and how to fufill his needs.  But for now, just love on that sweet boy and enjoy him. Our next door neighbor had the same experience.  Their son required a heart surgury and is doing very well.  He's just the sweetest child.  I hope that you are able to find the guidence you need to navigate this journey, and I suspect it will be most rewarding for everyone involved.   Big hugs to you and we are all here to help out where ever we can.
  • Your love for him pours out of your post.  He is a lucky little guy!  You all are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Welcome Oliver!  There is nothing that I can say that hasn't already been said so eloquently by others.  So, "ditto" the rest of them.  Love to all and we're here to support anyway we can.

photos by Jody Lynn Photography

• I know this is a roller coaster and I'm not going to pretend its gonna be easy. ive shared before that my nephew is extremely developmentally delayed and severely autistic. It was a surprise he was premature and had many conplications at birth. They arent sure exactly what caused it and that was hard to accept in itself. His actual medical diagnosis is "mentally retarded". as hard as that word is to say, it's him and we had to accept it. Can I tell you something? That boy that 15 year old boy is one of the greatest joys and blessings in my family. His sweet face absolutely lights up the room. watching him play with my gavin on our family cruise was one of my top 10 moments last year. They went WILD together! The challenges you face will be hard, but I encourage you to step back and focus on the positive whenever you can. It's sounds like you are already doing that! Congratulations on your sweet boy... Soak it up and enjoy every second.

• imagemrsd0907:
    First off, congrats, I can't wait to see pictures of Oliver! As hard as it may be, try to forget about the diagnosis for right now and enjoy that sweet baby. I highly recommend Kelle Hampton's book, Bloom. I've been where you are, twice in fact, and I know how hard it is. Both of my boys have special needs Fragile X Syndrome and nothing can prepare you to hear that your child isn't perfect. If you need anything or want to just chat or vent, please feel free to email me at ckdram at yahoo dot com. Regardless of any diagnosis, you will all be fine. Big hugs, Momma! Rachel

I actually have this book and would love to send it to you. Let me know your address and I will send it your way.

Congrats on your precious boy. I have no doubt you guys will thrive as a family together. Sending prayers for sure.
  • Sending love and support your way!!
    photo bigsister032_zps1fdfe81e.jpgLilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Congrats on Oliver!  Sending lots of thoughts, prayers, and support your way. I can't even begin to imagine the emotions you are dealing with. It sounds like he has wonderful parents that will look over him and take great care of him.  I know it must be hard, but try to enjoy that precious baby boy now and soak up all of that sweet newborn stage.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I've never been much more than a lurker in the past, and something made me check in today and I saw your post.  We were in your exact shoes on 9/15/11.  Completely shocked so I totally understand your emotions right now.  Please email me if you'd like to talk.  Hang in there - I PROMISE it will be better than okay!  

vrussell07@gmail.com 

Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Take things one day at a time and enjoy the blessing that he is.  
  • Congratulations on sweet little Oliver!  He is such a lucky little guy to have you as his mama!  Lots of prayers to your family..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"