October 2011 Moms

s/o makeup: needed recs

I'm always on the hunt for proper foundation. I'm pale, but I have an olive skin tone. A lot of the lighter foundations have a pink tone, which looks silly on me. I have fairly normal skin; possibly combo dry/oily depending on the time of year. I like good coverage but I don't want something heavy. Any make up pros who can help me out?

imageimage
Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

Re: s/o makeup: needed recs

• I have struggled with foundation forever because I have extremely white skin and everything looks bad.  Two options that I go with are. 

1.  Tinted moisturizer and loose powder for every day.  Laura Mercier and Smashbox respec

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for the advice! Unfortunately, I don't live near a Sephora, but if I did, my pockets would be a lot lighter.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Loading the player...
  • I got some Maybelline BB cream.  It goes on really easily and makes my skin look smooth.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I can't help with coloring - I have super white-person skin, no olive nothing.  But I love the Georgio Armani foundation.  It's really really lightweight.  I'm like you with foundation because heavy stuff irritates my skin. 
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Become color blind like me.  I can't tell if it matches or not.  No one has told me I look hideous though.  I like whipped foundations because they go on so light you hardly need any.
    siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • I switch between tinted moisturizer and BB cream.  I like Tarte's tinted moisturizer, and they have many shades that you can match to your skin color.  I also have an olive skin tone, and I use #12 (all their shades go by number).  For B

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have the same coloring as you. My mom is black Irish and pale German and my dad is Portuguese. In the winter I wear Tarte Flawless primer and a loose or pressed light bronzer. I have tried so many different types. I just picked up elf Light Beige clarif
  • So I'm most certainly doing some online make up shopping tonight.

imageimage

• I usually use Bare Minerals, and I went to the store to have them match my skin to the proper mineral powder foundation.  Then I found Neutrogena mineral power foundation in the same shade, so I use the cheaper stuff (Neutrogena) on and everyday
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"