June 2013 Moms
Options

What size baby clothes to take to hospital?

This is totally a FTM question, but I'm curious if newborn sized clothing fits most babies when they are born, or should I bring 0-3 month ones as well? Both DH and I were both over 8 lbs when born (we were also both 2-3 weeks late). I'm reading that most newborn clothing fit "up-to 8 lbs". Should I have plenty of options in both sizes or would newborn most likely work?

Re: What size baby clothes to take to hospital?

• Options
    I brought newborn for DS and DD. DS was 8lb 8oz and DD was 7lbs 1oz. They fit both of them.

DS#1 3-28-02 ~ DD 6-15-09 ~ DS#2 5-31-13

• Options
    DS2 was 9 lbs at birth and wore NB clothes for about 6-7 weeks.  I think it's safe to stick with NB sizes.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We brought NB to the hospital when DD was born, and it was pretty big on her (she was 6 lbs., 10 oz.)

This time, the outfit we chose for DS only came in 0-3, so hopefully it doesn't look ridiculously big.   It was too cute to resist t

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a FTM, so I don't have first hand experience. But, I am holding back on newborn clothes. I've bought two or three outfits. I'll probably take one each of newborn and 0 to 3 month sizes to the hospital. My friend just had a baby that was well over 9 lb
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.13 Born 6.13.13
    photo 2546f8b6-17f6-4b55-b007-93a547c620b8.jpg

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm a FTM, but my mom friends have said to bring one NB size and one 0-3 size. I kind of figure that having an extra onsie in the bag won't take up very much room.
  • Options

I'm bringing one NB outfit and one 0-3.

M was born in December and she came home in a long sleeve onsie, and a fleece jacket and fleece pants. The pants and jacket were 0-3 and I brought 2 onsies, one in NB and one in 0-3. She wasn't even 7lbs s

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I'm taking a nb size and a 03 onsie. Just incase.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    photo its20a20girl_zpsy8rztyxtjpg
  • Options

I am bringing one NB and 0-3 months.  My daughter was 7lbs 11oz at 37 weeks, so if this baby cooks longer she will most likely be bigger.  

I was 8lbs 13oz and my husband was almost ten lbs when born.  I am not buying many NB cloth

Riley 12/24/08 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you all for the responses. I guess it's safe to say that bringing both sizes would prob maybe be best. Now here's part 2 of this question- will you pre-wash everything you take to the hospital even if it might not fit?
  • Options
    I am bringing newborn and 0-3. I also have two premie sized sleepers a friend passed on that will be in the bag orginally and will be taken out when I pass the "premie" stage and haven't needed them yet. But I'll have 3 sizes to start.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    skioskio member
    DD was 8lbs 13oz, 22.5", and never fit in newborn size aside from a few onesies. The sleepers and outfits were too small.

Like I'm sure others have suggested, only get a few newborn outfits and wash just some onesies and one or two sleepers
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't get any newborn clothes. My son has always been long so he fit right into the 0 to 3 right away. He didnt even wear newborn sized diapers.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We brought one of each size Newborn & 0-3... DD was 6.3 lbs. and wore Newborn for a month or two.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I packed one NB, and one 0-3m outfit. DD was only 7lbs so she was in NB for a while, but I liked being prepared. I only pre-washed the outfits in my hospital bag, and a couple outfits at home. DH did more loads after we took DD home and knew what we were
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I didn't bother with newborn clothes, I packed 0-3m, my daughter was on the small side, but the 0-3 weren't ridiculously big on her either. Many babies never fit in newborn size clothes, I wouldn't go overboard. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You should prewash any clothes that the baby will wear. 
  • Options
    I think NB would be fine. I found that 0-3 month are pretty big, though it depends on the brand.

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • Options

Deffinately NB.  DD was 7-11 and fit in NB for several months.  I had a 3 month outfit for her take home outfit and looking back at the videos 3 of her could have fit into that dress.  DD was in NB for 2-3 months. 

My cousin'

• Options
    We brought both sizes with us last time and brought him home in 03 and skipped over nb entirely. He was 8 lbs at birth and 7 12 when we left the hospital.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"