Phoenix Babies

Childcare-where to even start?!

I'm a first timer due in September. My husband and I both work so childcare of some sort will be a must for us. I have no idea where to even start-day care facility, at home day care, nanny, etc...I'm totally overwhelmed. It seems all my girlfriends did not have this issue due to family members helping them in this area...we don't have any family nearby so that's not an option. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Cheryl in Scottsdale 

Re: Childcare-where to even start?!

• What do you value in child care? Group size, certifications, price, teaching skills, religious influence? Seems like a funny question but then again different options have different perks & pit falls. I personally prefer family first, in home day care 2nd & church operated day care facilities (generally they seem to run a little cheaper). I just wasn't impressed with the level of care/cost of from the big chain day care facilities.

I went with in home day care as my aunt just happens to run one (best of two worlds). The only downside with a good home day care can be a waiting list & in my case a 20min drive. A good place to start would be to check local moms groups & bulletin boards. My aunt's first clients came first from family, then church groups and then recommendations from former clients. Personally I'm thinking of doing my own home day care in a few months when we get into a new house and after baby. I'm now a stay at home mom with a background in early childhood education. Seems like a natural progression to me.

BFP 4/3/07 EDD 11/23/07 MC 7/20/07 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Here is an excellent source of where to find registered day care in your area.  I have always used sites like this and had success.

https://www.arizonachildcare.org/families/find-quality-childcare.html 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"