VBAC
Options

dissappointed

Well I am very disappointed right now just got off the phone with our local hospital and they DO NOT provide vbacs so if I go there for my delivery looks like I will have another csection and the nearest hospital is 45 min away

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: dissappointed

• Options

I'm so sorry! One of the birth centers in my area offers montrisse services - you labor at the center until you're just about fully dilated and then transfer to a hospital - is that available in your area? I would see if any of the CPMs in the area are offering a montrisse package because CPMs can monitor your & baby's vitals while you labor outside the hospital and if you show up at the hospital 9 or 10 cm with a doula, there won't be much opportunity for them coerce you into an ER. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I will be traveling up to an hour and half to two hours away if this hospital doesn't plan out. I have also known women who have traveled even further, some across state lines. Look into birthing centers where you can birth with a midwife. Is home birth an option for you?

ETA: I've also known women who have done the above. Whether or not it was with a montrice I am unsure but they labored as long as they possibly could at home and then pretty much showed up to the hospital ready to push.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My hospital "doesn't allow" VBAC's either..in the past month there have been 2 and I'll be a third. They have to say that due to insurance. The trick would be to find a supportive provider.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you ladies I feel a little better now. I will have to talk to my dr about it and see what he says about it. I never thought about being 9-10 cm and them not being able to do a csection
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imagesadlermom:
    Thank you ladies I feel a little better now. I will have to talk to my dr about it and see what he says about it. I never thought about being 9-10 cm and them not being able to do a csection

They can still try to pressure you into one, but with some advocating, supportive people there with you - you'll be in a better position to refuse consent.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Don't lose hope! I had to travel over an hour for my last VBAC because my local hospitals did not allow them. It really wasn't much of a problem, the hospital was affiliated with my practice which helped. Best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"