Food & Nutrition
Options

Next Solid Food...

Trying to decide what solid to introduce next. I make my own for DD and I'm heading to the grocery store today and I'm looking for ideas.

We started at 6 months with avocado and my DD loved it but after several days I found it made her eczema a lot worse so we've stopped giving that to her for now. We introduced sweet potato and she loves it also and she has tolerated it great for a couple weeks!

Looking for the next food to start. Since we've put avocado on hold I was thinking I'd like it to be another green veggie.

Ideas? What foods have you given you LO? Successes? Any foods that you've found you LO didn't tolderate/had sensitivity to? Are you making your own food? If so, what did you find easy to make?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Next Solid Food...

• Options

How fun is making baby food? I love it!

Green veggies? My DS's favorite was asparagus (at a later age) and green beans. Both veggies can be sort of chunky after you puree, so over boil the vegetables.

DS also loved mangos, plums, and butter-nut squash too!

I used wholsomebabyfood.com A LOT!

https://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/solidfood6to8montholdbaby.htm

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I would just keep going with introducing the green veggies first! We have done green beans, peas, yams, squash and I just introduced zucchini today. As far as fruits we have done avocados, apples, pears, prunes, banannas, apricots and mangos.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Our pediatrician recommended doing the orange veggies first, then green veggies, then fruits.  So I started with squash, then did carrots, then sweet potatoes.  He loved all of that.  I made one batch that was acorn squash pureed with a little bit of cinnamon and banana.  He really liked that. 

That wholesome baby food website is great for information and recipes.

We've also done green beans and peas and after having those each a few times, he's currently decided that he is not a fan.  So we're taking a break.  Also he hated the carrots that I made for him but he seems to really like the Gerber carrots, so I guess mine weren't as sweet?  I don't know.  

For fruits, he's had pears and peaches and banana.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We did BLW at 6 months, so this may or may not be applicable to you.  We didn't start with green veggies, we introduced everything at once (vegetables, fruits, and meats, all colors of the rainbow).

As far as green veggies though, my son loved them all.  Broccoli and green beans were his first favorites, but he liked okra, brussels sprouts, spinach, peas - all of which we introduced over the first few weeks of solids.

His other "first foods" (we started in April of last year, so we had access to a lot of great produce) were melon, mango, strawberries, bananas, apricots, chicken, turkey, pork, steak, chopped liver, potato, sweet potato, turnip, carrots, zucchini and eggplant.  (We did peaches but he wasn't a fan)

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagejakstr0808:
    imagebecasmeca:
    How fun is making baby food? I love it! nbsp;Green veggies? Mynbsp;DS's favorite was asparagusnbsp;at a later agenbsp;and green beans. Both veggies can be sort of chunky after you puree, so over boil the vegetables. DS alsonbsp;loved mangos, plums, and butternut squash too! I used wholsomebabyfood.com A LOT! https://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/solidfood6to8montholdbaby.htm
    I also love wholesomebabyfood.com! They have great suggestions and give good direction how to make stuff. My girls liked peas a lot but didn't really like green beans. I wanted to chime in because I have learned that avocado is related [allergy wise] to banana and mango so keep that in mind when you try those two to see if she has a similar reaction.
    Jak you beat me to it. I was going to say the same thing. Kiwi is also related just so you know.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"