Parenting
Options

Does anyone like water chestnuts? Now with a CP.

They're just so terrible. Does anyone actually enjoy when they show up in your mixed vegetables or spinach dip?[Poll]

This is my siggy. Love it.

Re: Does anyone like water chestnuts? Now with a CP.

• Options
    imageeddy321:

Oh, man.  I love those things. Embarrassed

I actually seek them out in those mixes because they're so good.

I have, however, serious idiosyncrasies when it comes to food, so I'm probably not the greatest judge.

Don't be embarrassed! I was just curious because I literally have never met anyone who likes them. I always think WHO are they making these for? Now I know. :-) 

• Options
    Those are the crunchy white things, right?  If so, then I think I found my UO for next week.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    **me** I like them. My mom always made me "special" spinach dip with extra because I'm so obsessed. Heh.
  • Options
    I put them in chicken salad and kung pao. It's my family that likes them since I can't eat either of those things.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • Options
    I'm in the love camp. mMMmmmMm they are so freaking good! I love the texture and the crunch, DH hates them so I always take his.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageBostonKisses2:
    Ugh.  I hate them with a fiery passion, but MH seems to enjoy them.  It's so annoying to pick them out of my Chinese food.

Same here.

TTC#2 since December 2010. HSG and bloodwork all good. SA results not so good. Unmedicated IUI#1 6/19/2012 - BFN
  • Options
    I don't mind them in small doses.  They can be good in Chinese food.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I seriously thought I was the only one who didn't like them. They suck. What's the point?

ETA: I had no idea people put them in spinach dip. 

• Options
    I love them!!!!  So crunchy and yummy!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Love them, I will eat them in any Asian style food, or fresh or sliced from a can. I'll have the portions that all the haters don't want if they eat my mushrooms for me. They do nasty nasty things to me.
  • Options
    I hate any unnecessary crunch.  Those and celery can go away never to be seen again.  My mom used to make water chestnuts with bacon wrapped in bbq sauce.  I used to just eat the yummy bacon.
  • Options
    I love them!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageATMmom324:
    I hate any unnecessary crunch.  Those and celery can go away never to be seen again.  My mom used to make water chestnuts with bacon wrapped in bbq sauce.  I used to just eat the yummy bacon.

Ooooooh, that sounds yummy. I'll take those off you!

• Options
    I've only ever had them in stir-fry, but I love them.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• Options
    Yes. Especially when wrapped in bacon!
  • Options
    I'm in the minority: I love 'em! Especially in stir frys and/or Chinese food- yum! Now I must go and seek out water chestnuts. Have a great weekend ladies!
  • Options

imageMamatoA2010:
    I'm in the minority: I love 'em! Especially in stir frys and/or Chinese food- yum! Now I must go and seek out water chestnuts. Have a great weekend ladies!

Not according to this poll. I am shocked at how many people like them. I don't know anyone IRL that does, no one!

• Options
    love them!!
  • Options

imagektshoff:
    love them!!

did you forget to log in under deadhorsey?

• Options
    imageombligito:

imagektshoff:
    love them!!

did you forget to log in under deadhorsey?

Uh oh...

A woman's life is nine parts mess to one part magic, you'll learn that soon enough...and the parts that look like magic turn out to be the messiest of all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"