Babies: 0 - 3 Months

When does it get easier?

I know babies are never easy, they have tons of needs. ?But really, when does it get easier (and that could mean that you just get the hang of everything so it seems easier)?? ?On top of all of the normal things add on the BF-ing issues (thrush AND mastitis all in one week) and I'm ready to quit! ?Please tell me that it gets better... eventually, please.
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: When does it get easier?

• It got a little better at 3 weeks and alot better at 6 weeks, for me at least. ?Week 2 was the worst. ?
  • It does get better.  Hang in there.  I know the first couple of weeks there are moments where you just want to pull your hair out, no matter how much you love your new baby.  But it will get better.  Just take it one day at a time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagenyc212:
    It got a little better at 3 weeks and alot better at 6 weeks, for me at least. Week 2 was the worst.

I agree.  We hit a turning point at the end of last week. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You're currently in the mommy bootcamp phase.  The first 4 weeks were the hardest.  By week 6 or so, I felt like I'd gotten a good handle on being a mom, and it felt like we had more of a routine in our house.  I'm almost 9 weeks into this gig and feel like an old pro sometimes.  It does get easier, and it's rewarding when their little personalities start showing and you see them smile or they coo at you.  Just hang in there!
  • I'd say by about a month things got easier.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It will get easier. It takes time. For me it was around 3 weeks as well. hang in there, it is all worth it!

I love you siggy picture by the way!

• Weeks 2, 3 and 4 were pretty rough!  Then all of the sudden, one day it just clicked!  Breastfeeding started getting A LOT easier and became "natural" around week 6.  Getting out of the house started helping me a lot. Taking a shower, putting on makeup, and going to the grocery store was great for me.  Also, we live near my parents so we go over there a lot.  That way it gives me a little break and DD gets to spends lots of cuddle time with grandma and grandpa, which they love.  Don't worry, it will all work out!  Keep your head up!
  • For me I ran on adrenaline for the first 4 weeks or so but hit a wall around week 5.  Was really weepy and it was just soooo overwhelming.  Then at 8 weeks the baby gave me a social smile and it was all worth it.  I decided to give up on EBF and pump exclusively.  This helped but was still a lot of work.  I hear that for BF most people who quit do it at 6 weeks.  I hear it gets a lot better at 8 weeks.  Hang in there!
  • Thanks ladies. ?I think it's the thrush and mastitis topped off with DH going back to work today that's made everything so much more difficult.

At least I'm half way to one month and a third of the way to 6 weeks...

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with pp. It gets easier after 3-4 weeks and much easier after 6-7 weeks. Just remember you're not alone, all of us new mommies have to earn our stripes. You can always find support here to make it through the tough begining! Smile
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Psalm 127:3 "Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward."
  • adorable siggie pic!

and it got easier around the 6 week mark for me.  GL and sleep when he sleeps!

and don't quit BFing unless you talk to an LC first.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • LOL mommy bootcamp.

Hang in there, you're getting through it. It's all such a blur, I don't really know when it got easier. It seems like every week after week four was a little better than the one before it.

Keep on with the BFing. You're just getting through the tough stuff and you deserve to get to the part when it gets so much more rewarding. If you can handle thrush and masitis, you can handle the remaining weeks of "boot camp."

My silly Lily is almost 4. BabyFruit Ticker
  • THanks for posting this question. I have been feeling the same way lately.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD #1 passed away in January 2011 at 14 days old due to congenital heart disease
    DD#2 lost in January 2012 at 23 weeks due to anhydramnios caused by a placental abruption
  • imagenyc212:
    It got a little better at 3 weeks and alot better at 6 weeks, for me at least. ?Week 2 was the worst.

+1?

image DD and I. DD: 6/22/2008. DS: 6/22/2013
  • Sometime between 2 and 3 weeks I realized I was SOOOOO much more at ease taking care of her and I started to feel sane again.  It's still tough, but there's a night-and-day difference between how I feel now (at almost 4 weeks) and how I felt at 1 or 2 weeks.  You're almost there - just hang in there!

• imagenyc212:
    It got a little better at 3 weeks and alot better at 6 weeks, for me at least.  Week 2 was the worst.

I agree.  6 weeks was major for us, and now at 8 weeks things are going really smoothly.

• Week 2 and week 3 were the hardest for me by far, but by week 6 things started to perk up and I started to feel like I could handle most things.  I had mastitis too and my goodness that was terrible!  It does get better, and I know you can do it!  You're already doing so wonderful...just look at that incredibly adorable little baby in your siggy!  Hugs to you!

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• Thrush AND masitis?! You poor girl!

hang in there! It does get better at 6 weeks-ish. I was about to lose my mind every day until then.

• The best thing I ever did during the hardest weeks was to get out by myself, even if it was just to go to Target by myself.  It was so wonderful just feeling like I was a part of the population again.  That "high" would get me through another week of insanity.

• imagenyc212:
    It got a little better at 3 weeks and alot better at 6 weeks, for me at least.  Week 2 was the worst.

i agree.

hang in there :)

DS 06.26.08 DD 10.23.10
    imageimage
  • It does, don't worry.  I'd say I started more getting the hang of things by 4 to 5 weeks.Every day has its challenge, though, but I am feeling less overwhelmed by it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"