Food Allergy
Options

Soy milk during pregnancy

Hi there. Never posted on this board before. Neither DH and I are medically diagnosed as being lactose intolerant, but we both struggle with milk protein. Neither of us are able to drink plain out milk, and milkshakes make me really sick. That being said I have only consumed soy milk during pregnancy. Just wondering what the experiences of other soy milk drinkers has been. Was your child able to digest breast milk once born? Did LO end up with a milk allergy also? 
imageimage
Anniversary

Re: Soy milk during pregnancy

• Options
    aandgaandg member
    I drank a lot of soy milk while I was pregnant with my daughter (I'm not lactose intolerant, I just don't like regular milk) and she is not allergic to milk. She is allergic to eggs and peanuts.
    BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Milk protein and lactose are two different things.  Lactose intolerant is not being able to digest the sugar.  It is not medically an allergy b/v a true allergy can only be to a protein, not a sugar or a fat.  Those allergic to milk proteins sometimes have gastro problems but also hives, itching, even anaphalaxis.  You baby might have a milk protein allergy but it probably has little to do with any milk or anything else you might consume. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i would think your baby would be able to digest breastmilk, just if he/she ends up with a food allergy you would just have to eliminate the allergen from your diet. DS is allergic to dairy, soy, egg so i just dont have those and he is fine. on another note, i have heard that if you are having a boy you should watch your soy intake bc it has estrogen in it. im not really sure about it bc i didnt consume a lot of soy while pregnant so i never looked too much into it but you may want to research it or ask your dr about.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! 
    imageimage
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"