September 2013 Moms
Options

Dry Skin

My skin has gotten so much drier and I hear that's normal with pregnancy. Anyone have any suggestions for lotions or soaps? I use dove and cocoa butter and I'm still itchy alllllll day long. I've used conditioner and leave on lotion in the shower and still super dry?! I am drinking plenty of water. I just need some kind of miracle! Thanks.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dry Skin

• Options
    I love Gold Bond with aloe.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

By far my favorite lotion i've ever used is from Alaffia.  My favorite is this one: https://www.alaffia.com/store/pc/Cocoa-Butter-Intensive-Body-Lotion-15p119.htm.  My sensitivity to the smell of coffee, though, has made me not want to use it.  I switched to this one, which is also very good: https://www.alaffia.com/store/pc/Shea-Butter-Moisturizing-Body-Lotion-Unscented-15p106.htm.

They are my favorite b/c they work SO WELL.  Not the least bit greasy, very deeply moisturizing, blend in well and all natural.  It's extra fantastic that they are fair trade, made locally (to me) and inexpensive. 

ETA: clarification 

Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also use gold bond with aloe. But i'm still itchy too. So, my mom said she used baby oil as soon as she got out of the shower. I bought some yesterday to try. It's cheap so I figured it's worth a try :)
  • Options
    I hear ya! The other night I was ready to scratch my boobs right off! (no joke). On my body I have been useing body cream from Thyme Maternity Shop and uplift cream for my boobs also from Thyme. They are water based creams and seem to be really calming for my skin and have worked well so far. For my hands I have been using Glysomed and it has been getting the job done. But yes, this dry skin is nasty.
  • Options
    Coconut oil is an amazing moisturizer. I use it to shave, after showers, and as a deep conditioner on my hair.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the feedback ladies!!
  • Options
    I am using positively radiant by aveeno and palmers coconut oil but my skin is still flaking.. Esp on my forehead.

• Options
    My skin is killing me with dryness! I think it also has to do with the colder weather I was just in FL am my skin was great the whole week! But I use Aveeno daily moisturizer! It's the best! I use it every morning as soon as I get out of the shower. And I have the travel size one to use every time I wash my hands.
  • Options
    I live in Colorado and it's sure dry here. My skin is always a mess so I have to be super nice to it! My dermatologist shared these tips, which work wonders:

1. Cool the temp of your showers. That hot water strips away your body's natural oils making dry skin worse.

2. Use Dove bar soap. My skin is sensitive and I use the unscented bars.

3. Pat yourself dry. Don't scrub your skin with your towel after the shower.

4. Lotion up right after bathing.

5. Try Cetaphil Body Cream not the lotion or Vanicream. The second is available without a prescription, but your pharmacy hides it in the back so you have to ask them for it. : I love Vanicream and it has no parabens or fragrance, no formaldehyde and is noncomedogenic which is awesome.

Good luck! :
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"