Philadelphia Babies

Einstein Montgomery - need personal experience feedback

Hi!  I'm at 19 weeks and scheduled to deliver at Pennsy, where I had my first.

However, I'm interested in hearing about people's first-hand experience delivering at the new Einstein Montgomery maternity ward.  Specifically, is it true that all rooms are private rooms?   How would you rate the care you and your baby received?  Any recs for OB/GYNs who deliver there?  I was with a group of midwives for my first and so am interested in a less-interventionist birth.  

Thanks!

Re: Einstein Montgomery - need personal experience feedback

• yes all rooms are private I will be delivering there in september. I heard the rooms are VERY nice, wifi flat screens and everything. My friend's cousin had her baby there and my friend loved the room. she said they were spacious and had a seperate family area and everything
  • I am delivering there in July.  My midwife Ronni Rothman is part of that group.  It looks great!  I cannot wait to do the tour.  Apparently they have tours on Wednesday nights and on Sundays.  Their facilities seem really state of the art, and I think it is going to be a great place to deliver.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am doing a VBAC with Ronni too!  Very cool.
  • P.S.  I would highly recommend Ronni.
  • I'll be delivering there, also with Ronni, in August! Everything I've heard so far has been wonderful reviews and going there for perinatal testing and genetic counseling has been easy.
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Olivia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Im looking to do a VBAC there also and have heard a lot about the nice rooms but not about the care or their surgeons.  Should I not be concerned?  I am looking into Valley Birthplace.  Who is Ronni - what practice is she with?  I have heard good things about the midwives there.  I am currently with a practice that delivers at Doylestown, where i had a c-section with my first. I am nervous to switch but feel I will end up with a c-section a second time if I stay at Doylestown.  HELP!
  • imageLeah7324:
    Im looking to do a VBAC there also and have heard a lot about the nice rooms but not about the care or their surgeons.  Should I not be concerned?  I am looking into Valley Birthplace.  Who is Ronni - what practice is she with?  I have heard good things about the midwives there.  I am currently with a practice that delivers at Doylestown, where i had a c-section with my first. I am nervous to switch but feel I will end up with a c-section a second time if I stay at Doylestown.  HELP!

Ronni Rothman, she's got her own practice, https://womanwisemidwifery.com/wwm2/ and is often recommended for those looking for a VBAC. Vally Birthplace acts as her back-up and she theirs, I believe, one weekend a month. They are the only midwives with privileges to deliver at Einstein Montgomery.  I originally looked at Valley and choose to go with Ronni because she is located much closer to where I live.

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Olivia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Yes, Valley is much closer to my house.  I still have to set up a tour with Einstein - I know nothing about them besides how pretty the hospital is - which doesnt mean its good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"