Maryland Babies

Carroll County Hospital

Hi 

I am newer to the area and have not had to use any hospitals around here; has anyone delivered at Carroll County hospital? if so, what are your reviews on it?

Thanks, its much appreciated. 

Re: Carroll County Hospital

• We live in the area but I delivered at Howard County and it was great.  I hate to say it, but I have not heard great things about Carroll County Hosp.  We've had a few ER visits there and have been less than thrilled.  What part of CC are you in?
  • I live very close to the Carroll County Hospital but plan to deliver at GBMC. They just have more to offer if my baby needs specialized care. I do know people that have delivered at Carroll, and have not heard anything bad, but I just feel more comfortable going to GBMC.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I delivered at Carroll Hospital via scheduled C-section in 2011.  I had a great experience (nurses and doctors included) and no complications.  I plan to deliver at Carroll again in April.  I have been to the ER (recently) and again had a great experience.

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I delivered at a birth center, but I had a horrible ER experience with my daughter at CC when she was 5 months old and was hospitalized with RSV. I would not recommend them. I've also heard that if you want a natural labor/birth, you should not deliver there - that they pressure you into not having a natural birth (this from moms who have delivered there).

Based on my experiences in the ER with my daughter, I felt they do not have a good pediatric team and are not breast-feeding friendly (even though they do have a great breast-feeding support group that I went to a few times in the Women's Center). It took 12 people (3 tech teams) over 2 hours to get an IV in my child - that should have never happened.

Visit The Nest! image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was born there, along with basically my entire family. I have not heard any bad stories about their birthing center, and have all intention of delivering there as well.
    Baby #2 EDD: May 13th!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • I have delivered there twice, and while I have issues with somethings that occurred, I will deliver there again.  I had a csection there two years ago, and recently vbaced.  I really liked my nurses this time.   I really trust and like my ob gyn too.  I do not care for the anesthesiologist that I had both times.   

I also had my D&E there, and while it was obviously an unpleasant experience, everyone was very kind and comforting.

• TNB82TNB82 member
    My husband is a surgeon at Carroll.  Don't worry he's not in the OB dept.  we won't be offended : )    I won't comment on OB/GYN dept. since he is not affiliated with them- but as for the anesthesiologists, they are all very good/qualified/competent at Carroll.   We  take our surgery cases to other area hospitals as well, so we have a good gauge of anesthesiologist comparison. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • TNB82TNB82 member

ohhh- I hope I didn't come across as undermining your experience Holly321! 

I am choosing to deliver all the way in Baltimore, myself!

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • imageTNB82:
    ohhh I hope I didn't come across as undermining your experience Holly321!nbsp; I choose to deliver all the way in Baltimore, myself!

Don't worry about it, it was supposed to say my anesthesiologist, I had the same woman twice. The ob on call who delivered my son said she " isn't our best". The anesthesiologist I had for my de was very nice.
  • thanks for all the feedback; I am going to the doc tomorrow and going to ask where else he delivers... I go to Dr. Barnett, not sure if he delivers anywhere else... gosh i hope everything goes smooth for me.
  • I see Dr Barnett.  I think he delives at St. Joseph's also. 

• The nurses at St Joe's told me that CCH doesn't deliver prior to 34w, so if you're a PTL risk or if you're really tied to delivering where you'd planned on delivering, you might want to pick somewhere else. 

That's rumor, not fact, so you might want to check into that.

I live in Westminster and delivered at St Joe's both times.  The thought of having to make it to the hospital on time in rush hour traffic was a huge fear of mine.  But it worked out and I didn't have any 695 babies!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • Carroll's website says their nursery is equipped for 32 weeks, so maybe they do in emergencies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"