Eco-Friendly Family

diaper cream?

My kiddo has a heck of a rash right now. This is pretty unusual for him so I am pretty unprepared. I have been putting some honest healing balm (olive oil based) or some cocnut oil on there but we need the real deal. We used to use Cali Baby but I heard a rumor they aren't as "safe" anymore- so what can I get in a hurry (maybe on AMazon or if stores carry it) to help his bum. - We are already doing cool water and non alcohol wipes, wash cloths,, and diaper free time. We need a for real cream but without the icky ingredients. ty
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: diaper cream?

• I use angel baby bottom balm, which you should be able to get on Amazon.  It works great.  You can also give your baby a sitz bath in baking-soda water which neutralizes anything that is causing the irritation.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• imageTwirple:
    I use angel baby bottom balm, which you should be able to get on Amazon.  It works great.  You can also give your baby a sitz bath in baking-soda water which neutralizes anything that is causing the irritation.

I mostly lurk on this board, but definitely recommend Earth Mama Angel Baby Bottom Balm. It's available on Amazon.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I also like EMAB, but it did not work for my daughters yeast diaper rash. If its really stubborn, you may want to call your ped.

• I know many mamas here love EMAB, I haven't tried it but I hear it's really good. When DS had an mean rash from a stomag bug a couple weeks ago, I did sitz bath for him: lukewarm water in the tub, just a couple inches, and sprinkle some baking soda or epsom salt (be careful if your LO has dry skin or eczema the epson salt can be drying) but it does help the rash. I use CJ's BUTTer unscented and I love it, it makes any rash for us disappear almost overnight! GL!
  • Are you cloth diapering?

My DS was having a very serious, prolonged rash for awhile. I had taken him to the Pedi who thought it was eczema. I know eczema is normally allergy related. Around Christmas, we finally cut coconut milk and oil out of his life - he cleared up a lot, but only for a week. The rash came back, though not as bad. I have had to be careful to make sure we aren't using anything else with tree nut products in them (baby creams, soaps, diaper wipes spray, etc.). I have also been staying away from tea tree oil with him. We have seen an incredible difference!

I did want to find something to use on him rash wise and ran across Badger Baby Balm (olive oil, beeswax, chamomile extract, calendula extract) - it has been awesome! 

Seriously consider the possibility of a food allergy or sensitivity - they can pop up out of seemingly nowhere sometimes!

• When Burt's baby bee did not work I tried earth mama nipple better and it worked well.
  • When rashes got ugly at our house, we turned to Dr. Smiths diaper cream. It stinks, but it's amazing at how quickly it works!
  • I second Badger Balm for an organic, effective diaper cream!

https://www.healthyhappytot.com/diaper-cream/

www.healthyhappytot.com - Healthy, non-toxic product recommendations for children from a mom who has really used them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"