New Hampshire Babies

Pediatrician Recs

Hi ladies!

I'm a FTM and pretty new to NH. Not long after moving here hubby and I got pregnant with a baby girl! I'm 30 weeks, and already on bed rest since 28. I'm in search of a pediatrician in the Derry area, preferably one that specializes in preemies (since the doctors don't think I'll make it to my due date in May). Any suggestions?  

Re: Pediatrician Recs

• I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you, but I'm curious as well. I live in Derry and I'm 26 weeks along with identical twin girls (our first(s)); I have no idea where to start for this!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congratulations!! My sister has twin girls, and they are just amazing. I think I'm going to ask the OBs office since I don't really know anyone around here to ask for recommendations. I'm at risk for preterm labor and on bed rest so there's not much I can do apart from making phone calls and searching on the internet. We had a consultation with the NICU at Elliot so I'm thinking if we can set up a tour that I could ask some of the doctors there if there are any pediatricians in the area that specialize in premature babies. Gotta start somewhere! I can let you know if I find out any info. 

• Loading the player...
  • I really do NOT recommend Derry Pediatrics. I can tell you that much! Good luck!
  • I would highly recommend Core Pediatrics.  They are out of Exeter but there is an office in Plaistow which is not too far from Derry.  My DD sees Dr. Melendy there and we couldn't be happier. She is fantastic. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• May I ask why? I do have a consultation set up with a doctor of theirs. Specifically because she was the only one i could find online whose info states she has experience with neonatal care.
  • imageamartin2261:
    May I ask why? I do have a consultation set up with a doctor of theirs. Specifically because she was the only one i could find online whose info states she has experience with neonatal care.

If you are asking me, this is why:

The staff is very friendly and the most I've had to wait is 5 minutes.  I find our pediatrician very reassuring and responsive.  She will answer all your questions and is very thorough in her explanations of certain exams and practices.  Plus her bedside manner is great.  She is very gentle and soothing with my DD.   After I gave birth to my DD  I hadn't picked out a pediatrician yet so the hospital (Exeter) had the on call pediatrician (who are all from Core Pediatrics) always check on my little girl.  I loved all of them that came in. They were respectful to me and gentle with my baby.  I hope this helps.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"