Georgia Babies

Help! Recommendations for Childcare Brookhaven/Chamblee/Buckhead Area

Does anyone have any recommendations for childcare centers or in home day cares in the Brookhaven, Chamblee or Buckhead area? I am due in August and think I may have waited a bit too long to find childcare and I am feeling a bit overwhelmed.

Also, please let me know if anyone is interested in sharing a nanny in the areas listed. I would not need childcare till November, when I go back to work.

Any information or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a million! 

Re: Help! Recommendations for Childcare Brookhaven/Chamblee/Buckhead Area

• kegkeg member
    I'm a big fan of the Elaine Clark Center: https://www.elaineclarkcenter.org/
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Look into Dunwoody Prep in Chamblee Dunwoody, Creme de la Creme in Buckhead, and The Goddard school also in Buckhead.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I hear great things about Brookhaven United Methodist CDC. But they are usually full for infants from siblings. It is worth a tour and putting your name on the wait list (free). There is also a newer daycare that I know nothing about at N. Druid and & Briarcliff.

We ended up going the nanny route because we didn't get into United Methodist Center. It has worked well for us. There are a lot of people who nanny share in our neighborhood. If your community has a email list, reach out to see if there is a pregnant mom  who might want to go in with you. Hiring of nannies takes place usually 6 weeks or so before they start as they won't want to be on hold waiting for you to go back to work.

Good luck!

Our Photo Site
    James - July 4, 2010
    Sam - June 21, 2012
  • Thanks for the information everyone. It is greatly appreciated!
  • The chastain school came highly recommended to me. Wieuca baptist church was also recommended to me. And a friend had a bad experience with Suzuki she and another mom there ended up pulling ther kids out to do a mommy share. I thought the Goddard school woman on the phone was way too pushy, but I hear very good things about the brand. I started looking at both Buckhead and midtown, but settled on midtown. After my friend's raves, I would have looked a chastain school if it wasn't been so far north in relation to my home and work. Good luck!! I know how stressful that search can be
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We loved the Chastain School.  We only left because we moved.  They open a new infant room every 3 months so they usually have space.  What I loved most is that the kids stay with the same class and teachers until they turn 3 and the ratio is 1:4 so they get a lot of individual attention.  It is a little pricey--we were paying 1460--but it was well worth it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"