Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

5 Thing Thursday

OK, Thursday again?  Here we go.

1) With Spring right around the corner, what are you looking most forward to?

2) For those with multiple kids, how far did you space them apart?  Did you feel that was too close or too far apart?  

2a) For those without multiple kids, how far apart do you plan on spacing them apart, if you plan for more than 1?  Why?

3) College basketball is absolute chaos this year, who is your favorite to win it all right now?  Do you like it better this way, or when there are more clear cut favorites?

4 and 5 are you

Re: 5 Thing Thursday

• Options

Warmer weather, being able to take my oldest son outside.

2) For those with multiple kids, how far did you space them apart?  Did you feel that was too close or too far apart?  

Son was 26 months old when baby was born.  So far, I like it.  It is extra work having 2 in diapers, but my oldest is so loving towards his brother that is pretty cool.

3) College basketball is absolute chaos this year, who is your favorite to win it all right now?  Do you like it better this way, or when there are more clear cut favorites?

I wish I could say Indiana is my favorite, but unless they start playing better, I don't know if they have a Final Four appearance in them.  They are getting pushed around and their shooting has gone in a slump.  If not Indiana, as much as it pains me to say it, I'd probably put my money on Duke.  I don't mind the way the season has gone (minus the Indiana losses), but it is going to make bracket filling an absolute PITA.

4) My youngest turns 2 weeks old tomorrow.  I go back to work on Saturday, was supposed to be this past Sunday, but they didn't update my time off when the c-section got bumped up, so I just moved a vacation week up and took 2 weeks off instead of 1.

5) During my time off, my car stopped working.  I didn't do anything with it, but now the lights don't come on and the engine won't turn over.  I'm hoping the cold just tapped the battery out and it isn't the alternator or anything worse.  I'm getting rid of the car here soon and I don't want to sink any more cash into it than I have to, and if it is an alternator, I'll sink more into that than I'll get back in the car's value.

• Options

1) yay its Thursday again!!

2) I really should stop expressing my opinion here lol, j/k

3) One day closer to cool sports deadlines, NFL FA, The draft, MLB Opening Day

4) cant wait for family time this weekend!!

5) My son just started learning to "squiggle" to other areas on the floor!!!!!! WOOT!!! wife just sent me pictures!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

1.  I can't wait for warmer weather.  This has been a long, grey winter and it needs to end as soon as possible.

2.  Haven't really discussed the spacing.  We want 2-3 kids and I imagine we would space them at least a year apart.

3.  Although I love Michigan, I don't really watch much college basketball.  The Big 10 has looked fantastic this year so I wouldn't be surprised if a team in that conference won it all.

4.  My wife has yet to meet her actual OB.  Every time we schedule an appointment, we are told that she will meet the OB and every time we end up with the nurse practitioner (who she loves but she doesn't deliver babies).  Also, her office is constantly rescheduling appointments which is getting annoying.

5.  Only two more weeks until our London/Ireland trip.  I can't wait! 

• Options
    @futant463 - FYI, I wanted kids that fast too, but I have been told by many doctors and midwifes and many journals its better to wait 2 years between. Gives your wifey more recovery time. Which I have read takes at least a year to two years after birth.
  • Options

imageskii31:
    @futant463 - FYI, I wanted kids that fast too, but I have been told by many doctors and midwifes and many journals its better to wait 2 years between. Gives your wifey more recovery time. Which I have read takes at least a year to two years after birth.

Ok.  We haven't really discussed it and since we're so early into our first pregnancy it hasn't been something I've even though about yet. I imagine she would like some time off from the morning sickness before jumping back into it again.  This trimester has been hell for her.

• Options
    imagefutant462:

imageskii31:

Ok.  We haven't really discussed it and since we're so early into our first pregnancy it hasn't been something I've even though about yet. I imagine she would like some time off from the morning sickness before jumping back into it again.  This trimester has been hell for her.

Saltine crakers, ginger ale and a body pillow saved my life... lol, be there for her it gets better in the 2nd.. and then worse towards the end... but enjoy every second of it. even the bad times... lol Good luck. 

• Options
    imageskii31:
    imagefutant462:

imageskii31:

Saltine crakers, ginger ale and a body pillow saved my life... lol, be there for her it gets better in the 2nd.. and then worse towards the end... but enjoy every second of it. even the bad times... lol Good luck. 

Zofran is her salvation.  She barfed up the saltines which I didn't think was possible.  

• Options
    at least you found it early, took me till the 2nd tri before I figured out my wifeys lol
  • Options

1) Spring for Wisconsin folks is like crack.  It is going to be nice this weekend for a change.  I am most looking forward to walking with my wife and son every night after work to the park. I am also looking forward to starting back up on the bike, especially after the bad cholesterol numbers I got back this week! Those who live in a warm climate year round take that for granted, but here, for 5-6 months we cannot even walk outside.  We cherish spring in these parts!

2) We will be having another kid, and we discuss this all the time.  My wife will win this battle, and we will most likely wait until Jake turns at least 1 1/2 years before we start trying again.  Two diapers to changes does not sound like fun to me, yet.

3) When Purdue came into Madison on Senior Day and smacked us around I knew that, come tourney time, anything can happen this year.  I am really looking forward to the tourney as far as watching it.  I am not looking forward to making my brackets though.  I prefer it to be like this though, instead of having 3 or 4 teams have a shot at it. I would not be shocked at all if a number one did not make it to the final four this year.

4) I am going to start watching the World Basebal Classic this weekend.  I am now ready to dive head first into the stats and matchups that make baseball such a great sport.

5) Jake is measuring in the 95th percentile in height and 75th percentile in weight. I am starting to have visions of a power pitching lefty, a small forward with a handle, a tight end cut from the cloth of Tony Gonzalez, or a dominate golfer with both the long game and the touch game..  A father can dream!!

• Options
    PrimePrime member

I should probably say the birth of my son, but instead I'm going to go with... yeah I can't think of anything I'm going to have time for.   I guess I'll stick with the birth of my son.

2a) For those without multiple kids, how far apart do you plan on spacing them apart, if you plan for more than 1?  Why?

We are planning on a 2-3 year spread.  Not too close, not too far.

It's more fun to watch when there is chaos, unless it is your team struggling to stay at the top of course.  I'll be pulling for the Big Ten.

4) Enjoyed watching Ohio State go to Indiana and ruin senior night.  I tuned in expecting to be disappointed.

5) I am trying to figure out a recipe to brew for a commemorative birth beer.  "It's a Male Ale"

• Options
    imageskii31:

5) My son just started learning to "squiggle" to other areas on the floor!!!!!! WOOT!!! wife just sent me pictures!!

and I have had too much coffee.... I thought this was the same as last weeks... never saw the questions... lol.sorry 

• Options
    PrimePrime member
    imageskii31:
    imageskii31:

and I have had too much coffee.... I thought this was the same as last weeks... never saw the questions... lol.sorry 

This is why we can't have nice discussions! haha

• Options
    Geeked
    imageskii31:
    imageskii31:

You know.....they have meds for thisGeeked

• Options
    imagePrime:

4) Enjoyed watching Ohio State go to Indiana and ruin senior night.  I tuned in expecting to be disappointed.

And they cut the nets down after that loss....SHAME!

Issah Thomas excused it, claiming it was more about the return of the Hoosiers and less about the Big10 title.

• Options
    imageladyjenna13:
    imagePrime:

Issah Thomas excused it, claiming it was more about the return of the Hoosiers and less about the Big10 title.

As an Indiana fan, I didn't condone the cutting down of the nets.  First of all, it was after a loss.  Secondly, it sends the wrong message as if they've accomplished their mission, which is and should be a national title.  I get it from the standpoint that they wanted to do it in front of the fans, and commemorate the hard work the seniors did and got a share of the title.  Tom Crean seems to want to really make the "return" of Indiana basketball something, they mentioned that this title, shared or not, will get a separate banner from that of the rest of the Big Ten championships they have won (most reside on two banners, with the exception of 1 other year).

• Options
    imageColtsdad:
    imageladyjenna13:
    imagePrime:

As an Indiana fan, I didn't condone the cutting down of the nets.  First of all, it was after a loss.  Secondly, it sends the wrong message as if they've accomplished their mission, which is and should be a national title.  I get it from the standpoint that they wanted to do it in front of the fans, and commemorate the hard work the seniors did and got a share of the title.  Tom Crean seems to want to really make the "return" of Indiana basketball something, they mentioned that this title, shared or not, will get a separate banner from that of the rest of the Big Ten championships they have won (most reside on two banners, with the exception of 1 other year).

I knew you wouldn't stand behind that, Colts.  They should have brought the celebration into the locker room.  As a Marquette Baby (parents are alums), I saw Crean firsthand here for many years.  His ego was also in the forefront, and it did allow for these types of things to happen unchecked.

They just gave the rest of the conference a lot of motivation to knock them out of it in Chicago with that move.  Michigan and Indiana can still tie as well, if I am not mistaken??? 

We play at Lansing tonight on ESPN.  MSU has lost three straight, so it will not be pretty there tonight.  

• Options
    imageladyjenna13:
    imageColtsdad:
    imageladyjenna13:
    imagePrime:

I knew you wouldn't stand behind that, Colts.  They should have brought the celebration into the locker room.  As a Marquette Baby (parents are alums), I saw Crean firsthand here for many years.  His ego was also in the forefront, and it did allow for these types of things to happen unchecked.

They just gave the rest of the conference a lot of motivation to knock them out of it in Chicago with that move.  Michigan and Indiana can still tie as well, if I am not mistaken??? 

We play at Lansing tonight on ESPN.  MSU has lost three straight, so it will not be pretty there tonight.  

There could be as much as a 4 way tie for the regular season title.  If Ohio State and the winner of the Michigan State/Wisconsin game both win their last games and Michigan beats IU, there would be a 4 way tie.  I have no idea how the tiebreaker is determined at that point for seeding for the Big Ten tournament... IU would have lost the series to Wisconsin (0-1), but won the Michigan State series and tied the Ohio State and Michigan series if it all plays out to the tie.

I honestly think the net cutting is partially ego, and partially as statement to the fans. I still wouldn't have done it.
  • Options
    PrimePrime member
    imageladyjenna13:
    imageColtsdad:
    imageladyjenna13:
    imagePrime:

If Michigan beats Indiana then there is a guaranteed 3-way tie between those two and the winner of UW/MSU.  Ohio State can join the party if they beat Illinois.

ETA: forgot UW and MSU have another game.  The above is assuming the winner can beat Penn State or Northwestern.

• Options

On the Big Ten front, ESPN cleared it up a little.

With the Michigan State win over Wisconsin, Indiana takes the #1 seed in the Big Ten Tournament.  There is still potential for a 4 way tie for the regular season championship between Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State and Indiana... hopefully IU beats Michigan and they'll just get it outright.

• Options
    WIthout a scorer, the Badgers get exposed whenever they play athletic teams that can push the ball.  That was brutal to watch that last night.

• Options
    Looking forward to the warmer weather and be able to get outside and be more active.

We would like a second child providing this pregnancy continues to go well. We have talked about waiting a 1 1/2 2 years. Mumma is going to need recovery time and a break from being pregnant. We would also like to take our wedding plans off hold and get married before the next child.

I don't watch Basketball, but if I was doing a Bball pool by the sounds of things I'd start throwing darts to make my picks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"