11 Weeks Pregnant

Weight Gain Yet at 11 weeks?

Have you mommies gained any weight yet?  I have been grossed out by all nutritious food so far and therefore been eating a ton of junk which has obviously made me gain, but I'm curious if any of you have gained at this point.  Thanks for the info!!  I'm sharing in all the excitement with you!!!

Re: Weight Gain Yet at 11 weeks?

• I've been craving salty foods, so I've also been eating a decent amount of junk foods. I've gained about 4 pounds so far and I'm just starting to show. :
  • I will be 11 weeks tomorrow. I have gained about 4 pounds since my lowest weight at 7 weeks. I have a baby bump that showed up in the past week and I keep worrying that everyone will notice!  Although, the bump makes me actually feel like I am pregnant, so it is kind of exciting too!    
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 11weeks today it's my second pregnancy and I'm showing a bit. My belly is getting kind of round...lol but so far haven't gained any weight surprisingly since all I eat is pasta!!!
  • I have gained about 8 pounds, but I have a hunch that I might be having twins.  I have been eating salty foods and pastas/bread.  This is my first and I started showing at about 6 weeks. I'm at 11 weeks now.
  • I've gained 1-2 lbs depending on the day but I have been working out and eating healthy.  I've been so concerned about this critical part of development that I've been eating as healthy as possible to get my baby all the nutrients she/he will need!  Plus working out really helped with the bloating and surprisingly took away tiredness and nausea.  I really suggest being as healthy as possible during this time, its really helped me feel better. 
  • I'm so glad I'm not the only one who seems to be grossed out by nutritious food right now.  I wanted to eat really healthy from the beginning, but I can't even think about eating some of the foods I used to love.  I am hoping that I'll feel better in the second trimester and be able to eat better, but for now, I'm eating what I feel like and trying to work out as much as my tired self can manage to counter all the junk I have been eating lately!
  • I actually lost weight up until now due to the morning sickness. A bit over 3 pounds of weight! I asked my doctor what I should be eating. Her answer: protein.

Lots of well done steak, plenty of nuts, tons of eggs. I've been eating scrambled egg sandwiches mostly. I need to try something else. We've scheduled chicken all this week, but I guess I really do need the protein because I keep craving Arby's roast beef sandiwches.

No showing yet, which actually kind of surprised me because I was skinny to begin with, and didn't think it would take much. Eh, well. As long as my MD says I'm healthy, I'm not stressing.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have lost about 13 lbs. I have been very sick..and I've been showing like a month already. :
  • imagefaerieprincess87:

I actually lost weight up until now due to the morning sickness. A bit over 3 pounds of weight! I asked my doctor what I should be eating. Her answer: protein.

Lots of well done steak, plenty of nuts, tons of eggs. I've been eating scrambled egg sandwiches mostly. I need to try something else. We've scheduled chicken all this week, but I guess I really do need the protein because I keep craving Arby's roast beef sandiwches.

That's very helpful. I'm down 4 pounds now. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am 10 weeks 4 days.  After losing weight initially from being unable to eat, I have gained a couple pounds and now I have two bumps - one junk food bump around my belly button and a teensy bump rising just above my pubic bone.  Doc says that bump's the baby!Big Smile
  • I had to force down Lima beans last night. I've been eating as healthy as I can. My big craving right now is roasted salted with sea salt pecans and orange juice and milk. I've had to stop myself fromover endulging on the OJ. I'm on my second. 96 oz bottle since Monday and this is Thursday!
  • I am 11 weeks tomorrow :) i have gained 7 lbs and can't get  enough Candy!! I could live on it right now lol:)  a lot of co workers have said i am starting to show . this is my second baby.  My first I lost 30lbs in the beginning and was really sick . This time zero sickness just really Bitchy lol poor husband :)  its true what they say though every pregnancy is different :) 
  • I started off at 142 and am down to 134. I have very limited appetite and some nausea so that explains it. Doc said it was normal. According to books i've been reading most women don't show at all until well into the second trimester.  Sounds like that will be me.
  • I have gained a pound, but it depends on the day that I weigh myself (some days I am up 2-3, other days I am down to normal). I haven't had any morning sickness the whole time, but the one symptom I have had is hunger! I've been trying to eat healthy, but there are days where I go a little overboard. Anyone else having a hard time trying to figure out the right amount of calories they need? Prior to finding out I was pregnant I was maintaining my weight and eating around 1,400-1,500 calories. Everything I read says an extra 300 calories, but that seems like a lot!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Reading this made me feel a lot better. I've always been a really healthy eater, and even more now, and I exercise a lot and haven't really gained a thing and I'm going on 12 weeks. Glad to know other people are in the same boat and not showing yet!
  • I have only gained a couple pounds but havent been eating like my normal healthy self:( I have a little bump but I think its a ( I havent' been working out for the first time in my adulthood) bump:) Not feeling so sick so this week I am going to really try to eat better and exercise!
  • I am 11 weeks today - and I have no idea how much weight I have gained exactly -  I don't know what I started at (I always go by how my clothes fit and not the number on the scale...until now anyways).  If I have to guess, I would say I am up 4 - 5lbs.  I haven't had any sickness at all, but I did have the same aversion to vegetables until last week, now I am back on them!

I was really concerned and self-conscious because I feel like I am just gaining weight - not baby, but reading all of your posts, I think a lot of us are feeling the same waySmile

• I am 10 weeks and I gained 10 LBS. I get nauseous a lot and the only thing that helps is when I eat. Just started working out today. I don't want my weight to get out of control. Anyone else have the same issues? 
  • Extra 300 is correct and it's really not a lot. I would say its two small snacks o apples and yogurt :
  • I haven't gained any weight but I do have a small round bump. I haven't been able to eat very much food. A hamburger is a no go at all. I try to eat healthy food but they make me queasy.I crave lots of bread and peanut butter.
  • OMG Thank you sooooo much for posting this!!!! I am in week 11 and I have gained about 10lbs too. And I totally understand the food keeping you from getting sick, the only thing that kept me from feeling so nauseous was keeping food in my tummy. I have been working out 3 times a week doing a minimum of an hour of cardio but it seems soo hard to get my butt to the gym UGH!!!  
  • Yes, I'm 11 weeks and have gained 10 pounds! I'm showing as well. I wish I had not gained so much but I feel sick if I don't eat so I don't have a choice. I am naturally very very tiny being a 00 which concerns me with the rapid weight gain. I look farther along than I really am but know that dieting is not good for the baby. I am glad to know someone else is in my "sinking" boat :
  • Yes. I'm in your boat. I'm 11weeks and gained 11 pounds. I have been eating a ton but to avoid feeling sick. I'm normally tiny so am hoping that is why I am showing so much. Because I'm really showing. Are you ?
  • I have gained 10 lbs and I have been nausea the entire time havent ate much have no idea how I have gained. This is my second baby the first one I gained 13 the enitre pregnancy. It was super nice I feel like a pig right now. What do I need to do?
  • Hi! Congrats to all u mommas! This is my third child I am 11 weeks! Saw the healthy active baby on the ultrasound today! Awesome! I've gained 2 pounds am certainly showing!!!
  • I'm glad to see someone else who has gained that much! I've gained 10-12 lbs, I've been really nauseous and the only thing that helps me is fatty food, it's awful!! And no energy to work out, I do on the days I feel like I have enough energy but that doesn't add up to many times a week! Can't wait for the second trimester so I can get outside and exercise!

• i think i've actually broken even at this point. i'm 11 weeks today.  i was ravenous at first and ate everything i could get my hands on.  then the morning sickness hit and i wanted nothing except lemonade.  i'm now really starting to get my appetite back (sans my appetite for meat. yuck!) and i think i may have actually gained a pound.  i don't know.  i see that doctor today so we'll see what their scales say.  i'm over weight to begin with so i've been terrified of gaining weight!  my goal is to try and not gain more than 10 pounds the entire pregnancy.  we'll see how it goes... 
  • if you have gained that much and aren't really eating try having your thyroid levels checked.  that happened to me, too, and was diagnosed with hypothyroid.  it might sound intimidating, but don't worry!  they give you a teeny little pill and it sorts out pretty immediately. OR it could be nothing at all, but maybe a little fluid retention. sorry, not meaning to be a freaker outer. just sharing my experience. hope it helps. good luck! 
  • imagezombierayvinn:
    I have gained 10 lbs and I have been nausea the entire time havent ate much have no idea how I have gained. This is my second baby the first one I gained 13 the enitre pregnancy. It was super nice I feel like a pig right now. What do I need to do?

if you have gained that much and aren't really eating try having your thyroid levels checked.  that happened to me, too, and was diagnosed with hypothyroid.  it might sound intimidating, but don't worry!  they give you a teeny little pill and it sorts out pretty immediately. OR it could be nothing at all, but maybe a little fluid retention. sorry, not meaning to be a freaker outer. just sharing my experience. hope it helps. good luck! 

• I'm 12 weeks tomorrow and have gained about 10 pounds also! I have been sick everyday since about 7 weeks.  I feel like eating helps me feel better too, but f I eat too much or too fast, I just feel miserable again.  It's weird that I have such an appetite but feel sick at the same time, I'm glad I'm not the only one. 

This is my second pregnancy, with my first one, I gained 55 lbs (went from 130 to 185)!  I don't want to end up there again! I'm starting at the same weight again, so I'm determined to start exercising this time, because I know I can't say no to food! :)

• I am 11 weeks and have been very sick so I have actually lost 11lbs. so far.  I am not 

worried since this is baby #2  I lost 12 or 13 with #1 and he was born at almost 9lbs.   

• Im 11 weeks and I can definitely see a difference in the shape of my belly. I have been really craving salty fries and have been definitely indulging in them but so far I haven't gained a pound. 
  • Haven't gained or loss any still at 124lb but im always so nauseous....eating helps it go away been eating so much junk food....but some of my pants are feeling a little to tight when i zip them up...cannot wait to get a bump;
  • That's so interesting all I want is orange juice, must be the vitamin c or something.  Happy eating!
  • Yes, I do, I gained 10 pounds and I don't know why. I am so depressed over it. I have a fear of being fat. I plan to work out as soon as my fatigue goes away. I am 11 weeks and 4 days pregnant today.
  • I have the exact same issue. I was nauseous, but only felt better when I ate and I too have gained about 10 lbs....

kind of envious of the weight loss of others...I was a big woman to start with...but a healthy baby is the ultimate goal... 

• I am pretty petite to begin with, so my weight gain is gradual. I've gained 2 lbs. so far, and I am 11 weeks 4 days pregnant.
    Angelbesdme
  • I am totally having the same issue. I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one.
  • I've actually LOST 11 pounds. My doctor says it's normal to lose in the first trimester, I'm sure I'll gain it back once the MS is gone.
  • I am 11 1/2 weeks pregnant and have actually lost 6 pounds! I was extremely bloated in the beginning because of all the hormone supplements I was prescribed. However, once I stopped taking them my stomach got flat again. I am still wearing my regular clothes but I do notice my stomach is a bit harder than it was. I have remained on my pre-pregnancy workout program and I constantly am watching what I eat. I try to eat mainly fruits and veggies but I do allow myself the occasional indulgence. The longer I can remain in my pre-pregnancy clothes the better! Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"