May 2011 Moms

Yay potty!....no more potty...what to do?

So we started loosely potty training DD in the beginning of January and she did great right off the bat, first time we sat her on the potty with a book and she went pee! The next night was the same and even once during the day she said "potty" so we walked to the potty and she sat right on it and went. We praised her and gave her a little treat for going. Since then she will not even sit on the potty. She will lift the cover up and put it down, point and say "pee pee in potty" but when I ask her if she has to go potty she sort of whines and says nooo. Sometimes I wonder if she is scared or something. I just don't get it we just sort of went along with her cues never pushing or anything just asked if she had to go and if she said no we dropped it. 

Is this normal or did i miss something or do something wrong? We will be moving to a new house in a month so I'm wondering if I should just hold off all together until we are settled.  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket

Re: Yay potty!....no more potty...what to do?

• This is what happened with us. DS was so excited and would sit and pee and even poop but now seems scared of sitting on the potty and won't sit down. He is still interested in it, wants to flush it but just does not want to sit on it. We are just letting it be for now.
    DS1 5/15/11
    DS2 12/20/12
  • Yeah.  My kid pooped on the toliet once and I swear it was a total mistake.  She's interested in everything in the bathroom but actually sitting on the toliet.  She will flush, she wants to wipe, she wants to wash hands, take a bath.  But good lord do not make her sit on that toliet.  Oh well.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it's normal to lose interest, particularly if you were using rewards and such. A friend explained that it's easy to lose interest because it's just a new thing they haven't really connected the dots, that once they make the connection that that urgency feel means they have to go sit on the potty that's when they are ready. It makes sense to me. DS was so into it a first, and one day he even pooped twice in one day on the potty, all just a fluke. I'm ok with that, our Pedi said the fact that he is comfortable with the potty is a huge first step.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"