Pre-School and Daycare
Options

preschool teacher conference....what ?'s to ask?

Hi Ladies,

Tom we are having Lo's conference with his teachers which they do twice a year. Besides the normal ?'s of how your LO is doing, learning, adjusting, etc?

What other questions would you ask?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: preschool teacher conference....what ?'s to ask?

• Options

Typically at conferences, the teacher has a packet of info for you- either a formal assessment checklist or a packet of LO's work.   They usually go through it with you, and tell where the child is with things.

I typically ask about what things we can work on at home,  how he is with other kids, how does he do with following directions, and other clarifying questions from the info the teacher may give. 

We are also working on his patience and taking help from other teachers besides the lead teacher, so I typically ask about that. 

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I can't see your ticker. How old is he? I would ask about kindergarten readiness and what else you can do at home to help prepare, if he is at an age for it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Kids who might make good playdates? What social or academic skills can you work on at home to help transition to k.  Toys/themes he seems to love at school so you can consider for home... recommendations for summer activities based on his interests...is she seeing x behavior at school that you see at home... how is it handled...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I always ask if there is anything specific they think we should work on with DS. What are our areas for improvement? I think some teachers may be unsure how to bring up a concern without upsetting the parents I feel like this gives them an open door.
    Loving Life being Brett's Mama! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"