Pre-School and Daycare

"my butt feels good!"

Um, so what am I supposed to say, again? DD just smiled and said, "my butt feels good! I'm wiggling it around on the chair." Something about private parts feel good sometimes but that's kind of a private thing??? I don't want to tell her she can't talk about it. Eek. Help.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: "my butt feels good!"

• I would let it go until it happens another couple times. Maybe she had an itch and fixed it.  Maybe she heard it at preschool and got a reaction from the teacher and is trying it out at home.  Maybe she had to toot and was trying to hide it by explaining the wiggling.  Who knows.

I can guarantee if it was innocent like that and you turn it into a talk-time, she will have a stash in her arsenal for pushing your buttons without even knowing why.

Knowing how insane I am, I'd likely have started wiggling my butt and and tapping a rhythm on my head, and making silly noises, shaking my elbows, and then say wow, that is fun! and then hop up off the chair and get her dancing. 

If you start to notice it becoming a perseveration, then it is the time for a talk, but I bet it won't come to that.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"