Baby Names

Are there any nicknames for Elyse/Elise?

My sister's name is Elyse and I think it's a beautiful name and would consider it for a girl, but I think it would be too confusing to have two Elyse's (or one Elyse and one Elise) since she lives about 10 minutes away, so I'm wondering if there are any lovely nicknames for it. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Are there any nicknames for Elyse/Elise?

• Ellie or Ella?
    Brady (7.15.10) and Nolan (5.11.13)
  • I call my friend Elese Leese or Leesee
  • Loading the player...
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    El

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• image526SadieSadie:
    I call my friend Elese Leese or Leesee

We call my sister Leesee a lot too, but I don't know if that's the name I would want her to "go by" if that makes sense.  

• Elsie? 

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• EmJ&BEmJ&B member
    Lisa
    Daniel ~ October 21, 2013

• what about the similar names Eliza, Elia or Elsa?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageHelenahhandbasket:
    Elsie? 
     This is what I was thinking (a less popular nn).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My MIL is Elise and sometimes people call her Leese.

I also love Elise but would be afraid to use it because of the same reason as you... I have considered Elisa. 

• I do like the suggestion of Elsie, since it can be used as a stand-alone name, too.  However, I think you're running into a bit of a conundrum since you want to call your daughter Elise because it's beautiful (instead of always just using a nickname like Ellie or Leesie), but you don't want to actually call her Elise because it would be confusing for her to go by the same name as her aunt.

Here's what I recommend:

If you love the name but are wanting to use it mainly to honor your sister, then either use it as a middle name or use another form of the name (Elisabeth, Eliza, Elisa, Elsa, etc.).

If you simply love the sound and style of the name, then try to find another name with a similar sound and style. A few that you might like: Adele, Elaine, Eileen, Arielle, Amelie, Camille, Celeste, Celine, Simone, Corinne, Colette, Delphine, Elodie, Giselle, Helene, Mireille, Solene, Iris, Alice, Olive, Anne, Eve, Claire.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • El, Ellie, Les (lease)
  • Ella

Ellie

Elle

Elsie

Lissy

Lisa

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards