Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Recommend your diaper cream

My daughter has had a nasty diaper rash for about two weeks. It actually was a yeast infection but we cleared that up and are now left with the red irritation of the regular diaper rash. We've used Desitin Maximum Strength and Rapid Relief and AD, but it doesn't seem to be getting much better. My son never had this level of rash issue and was always fine with Desitin. Can you recommend your diaper cream of choice? We did use Lotrimin to clear up the yeast infection as per pediatrician's advice, but it just took out the infection. Rash is still there, just not the associated blistering. TIA!!!
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Recommend your diaper cream

• More info...We are using Pampers Sensitive Wipes. I also made my own for a while when we were trying to clear the yeast infection. Diapers are Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive or Baby Dry.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • JAH12JAH12 member
    Best cure is naked time and letting air get to it to help it dry out. We then use desitin (the purple tube works best for us) or aquaphor. Have heard triple paste is good too. Just cake it on there and don't worry about trying to wipe it off at each diaper change because that too will just irritate the area more. 
    Look out baby #3 is on his/her way!
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • We use Butt Paste and lather it on thick!  It has worked wonders on our daughter...luckily we haven't had to use it yet with our son.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagedowntown80:
    We use Butt Paste and lather it on thick!  It has worked wonders on our daughter...luckily we haven't had to use it yet with our son.

THIS! 

Married November 2009 ~ Sam is here! (12/26/12)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Boudreaux's Butt Paste is the best. Coconut oil is also good (and safe for my cloth diapers!).
  • We use Burt's Bees, but like PP's have said, the best treatment is to let it air-dry before you put the diaper cream on.
    4.23.12 - BFP! EDD 1.3.12

imageimage

• The pedi said not to wipe Desitin off because that will cause chapped skin. Also suggested using vasoline or product containing vasoline.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • we used cortizone cream on my son when he had this random rash. It went away in one use. ;) I was impressed!   (LO was 6 weeks old)
  • imagekielpinskim:
    Boudreaux's Butt Paste is the best. Coconut oil is also good (and safe for my cloth diapers!).

This.  It smells terrible, but works.  I'd keep the lotrimin going though until the red is gone too. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm new to posting but a long time lurker and wanted to reply as we just went through this with our 5 week old.  We were using your same diapers and wipes as you and she got a severe diaper rash that nothing would clear it up Butt Paste, Desitin, cornstarch, etc...  I did a little research and found the culprit might have been the diapers.  Pampers is under major fire for the dry max technology found in some of their diapers. You can Google "pampers diaper rash" to read about it and i include just one of many article links below.  Apparently, it isn't in all diapers and doesn't effect all babies but as a last ditch effort, we switched to Huggies and began using washclothes instead of wipes to help the healing and, what do you know, the rash began to heal almost immediately.  This may not be the case with your baby but I wanted to share because our little one's was so bad and the ditching the Pampers diapers    was the only thing that cleared it.  Good luck!

https://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/13/procter-pampers-lawsuit-idUSN1311520120110613

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We use lanolin and his rash healed up and his skin looks great!
  • Penton Cream works like a charm. The second DD starts to rash I use a little and usually by the next diaper signs of improvement are there.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Triple Paste works wonders for us.
  • we have found that Pittsburgh Paste-made especially in Pittsburgh at Childrens Hospital has done wonders!  I think if you google it, it can be duplicated at local compounding pharmacies in that area...a little goes a long way.

• I swear by Pinxav. It's been around forever and works fast. 

my hero wears kevlar Pictures, Images and Photos

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagekielpinskim:
    Boudreaux's Butt Paste is the best. Coconut oil is also good and safe for my cloth diapers!.

Same here. We also use LaSu booty balm. We also make sure he has time to air out each day
  • You want the butt paste in the RED tube for serious diaper rash.  We use the yellow tube as a preventative on my son with every change.  So far for the baby we are just using AD ointment but will probably switch over to the yellow butt paste at some point. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We use pampers sensitive wipes and triple paste.  The combination cleared up our daughters diaper rash in 24 hours!
  • CJ's BUTTer! All natural, with colloidal oatmeal as the active ingredient. DS had a diaper rash starting in the first weeks from the wipes we were using (pampers sensitive) and I switched to cotton squares with water and cloth diapers and the rash has totally cleared up. We're back to sensitive wipes now that he's a bit older and the rash hasn't returned.

Archer Liam - 2/6/13
    Freya Lillian - 11/15/15
  • My DD had a contact rash, just bright red from moisture even though I changed her all the time when she was wet. I had been using Penaten and a couple other creams and My doctor told me to just use a bit of cornstarch. I was a bit hesitant because of all the warnings about powder but I did and her rash was pretty much gone the next morning! I use a bit each time I change her diaper and it hasn't come back. I know you just can't use it if its a yeast infection.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • We use butt paste.
  • Huggies! Butt paste and naked time!!!!
  • I use Yum Bum Butter with most changes. LO was in mostly cloth since birth, with Huggies for a road trip. When I used a pampers a few weeks ago she had a bright red rash that felt like sandpaper. She had been in pampers in the beginning at the hospital, so reactions can develop over time. The best thing is air time, even leaving them wrapped up in a towel. 

• Grandma El's.
  • GroVia Magic Stick Diaper Balm.

It works great! Good for cloth diapers and quick and easy for night time changes. Also we use cloth wipes in a wipe warmer since our son had some diaper rash and the normal sensitive wipes and other creams didn't work.

Also most creams create water barriers which are bad for cloth diapers. You will then need to strip your cloth diapers once a month to get rid of the residue. 

Also make sure to wash your household clothes in the same type of detergent you use for your diapers as this will also prevent residue build-up on the diapers. 

• imagekielpinskim:
    Boudreaux's Butt Paste is the best. Coconut oil is also good (and safe for my cloth diapers!).

This.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"