LGBT Parenting
Options

TTT!

I am on my 8th day of stims, I have too many emotions and not enough patience today. Distract me with your TTT!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

Re: TTT!

• Options

1. Work kicked my tail yesterday. Between it being CD1 and the hell I went through at work I'm surprised my team made it out alive.

2. Our numbers yesterday were amazing. I'm really proud of how well we did, even though it was rough in the heat of the moment.

3. I love coffee.

4. I got to hire someone yesterday who was in a really low place. I love helping people when they least expect it. Everything happens for a reason.

5. I want a puppy, but do not have the time.

6. I am so ready for spring.

7.  I want to start the C25K program.

8. I hate that most shows are on a 3 weeks hiatus right now. WHY? I like my nightly unwind time.

9. Maybe I will watch a movie tonight. 

10. I've been researching bikes. I think it would be a nice work out to alternate with running.

TTC since February 2013

LGBT Regular with an AE while TTC

And who am I? That's a secret I'll never tell.
    You know you love me.
    xoxo

• Options

Sorry about all of your emotions, Manada! Hang in there! 

1. We had 20 showings on our house since we put it on the market on Thursday night and we got two offers yesterday. Wow!!!!!

2. So, we're negotiating a small thing with the buyers, but pretty much we're on the road to selling the house. I can't believe it! 

3. B/c of all the showings, we had to board all three dogs and we REALLY miss them! It's been terrible! I get to pick them up tomorrow

4. I need to get my hair cut and colored

5. saw P!nk on Saturday night and it was AMAZING. Just like the last time I saw her come through. Now I'm super jazzed about the Indigo Girls coming this Saturday playing the famous Ryman. It's always so good to see them there! I just LOVE them.

6. Back to thinking about house stuff. We haven't found another that we like yet, so today I'm trying to find an apartment because we have to move by mid April - scary! 

7.  I wish I could have a diet coke.... (sigh)

8. Feeling a little, focusing on "little" bit better these last few days, making me thankful and nervous

9. Can't wait for our appt this week with the ob. u/s over the stomach people! I could use a break from that wand.

10. I can't wait to finally start telling more people about the pregnancy after this week's appt. It's seriously been so hard sometimes flat out lying to people. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I feel like I always have a million things to say but to organize them for TTT is always a challenge.  Here goes nothing. 

1. We have our first appointment with our RE on Thursday.  It all feels so surreal.

2. I feel like we might be biting off more then we can chew.  I am enrolling in college and going through training to become foster parents....and trying to get pregnant.  eeekkk!!

3. I might put off going to college and just do the foster parenting and TTC.  Those are the things that make me most happy.

4. We start the training for becoming foster parents in early April.  I am very excited to learn and start the process.

5. After the training we can't move forward until our disabled roommate moves out.  I seem insensitive about it, but I really am just over her living with us.

6. I had another interview last week for a job that is temporary from late March until June.  I really liked the family and this sounds strange, but I loved their house.  They are renting and moving out of state at the end of June.  So maybe if I work for them, then we can move into their house after they move out :-)

7. I hate the idea of moving, but we really want to move out of an apartment and into a house.  We are not ready to buy a house yet, but we want to rent.

8. We are supposed to get a big snow storm tonight and I have to admit that I am very excited!

9. We watched the documentary this weekend "The Business of Being Born".  It really made me think about our decisions on having a midwife. I definitely want to have a midwife now and I am even thinking of doing a home birth. 

10. My mom just got engaged on Valentine's Day to a guy she has known 2 months.  I asked her to have at least a year engagement before getting married (this is her 5th marriage).  She wants to get married this November, but I am hoping to be pregnant, possibly towards the end of my pregnancy.  Is it too selfish of me to ask her to wait until after I have a baby to get married?  I don't want to be pregnant and go thru the stress of her planning a wedding or attending a wedding that I don't agree with and be pregnant during all of it.   

T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Options

I have a lot of my mind so thought I would mosey over for TTT.

1.  We started using BabyWise to structure our days better.  I like that its a schedule that is aimed at flexibility and the ability to feed on demand while still using the schedule.  I will admit though if you plan on using daycare style child care (not a nanny or SAH parent) then it might not be the best thing.

2.  The boys are huge!  Jake is over 10lbs now and Sam is almost 9lbs!  

3.  These 5 weeks have flown by and I am dreading returning to work in a little over 4 weeks.

4.  I have an amazing job opportunity.  This would allow M to stay home with the boys which is what she wants, provide us more stability and I could carry us all on insurance.  I did put a target start date of May 1st so hopefully they will allow me to honor it if I get an offer for the job.  

5.  I really want to be able to do the right thing and return to my existing job to be able to give a 30 day notice so they have an opportunity to fill my spot prior to me leaving.  I hate burning bridges but our financial situation may outweigh this if I am asked to start sooner at the new place. I just need to figure out if I will be required to repay any benefits if I do not return for 30 days.

6.  I love my job and the complete flexibility/work from home, but the cost of child care for two infants makes it more economical for me to go back to sales for more $$$ and allow M to stay home. 

7.  I hate being an adult... see #4 - #6

8.  I had a totally irrational mini melt down yesterday.  M asked me to call the RE's office and let them know what we wanted to do with our samples in storage.  We agreed during pregnancy that if we got our bring home babies then we would donate those to a family who needed them as we were two and done (due to age) and I got them both at the same time.  Logically I know it's what's best for us to be done with these two but I felt a moment of loss when I made that call. I always expected to have two pregnancies as I never dreamed of twins.

9.  I would never trade our twins for the world in relation to #8 but I will admit I wouldn't mind trying for another one in a couple of years.  I think I would have even been fine saying if we used our samples with no BFP then we would quit and be content as a family of four.  I am fine with 2 kids I am just mourning the pregnancy I won't have again.  It was not an easy pregnancy with pre-e, PTL, bed rest etc but I honestly miss it.  Plus I am a little terrified of another twin pregnancy lol.

10. Gotta run as it is time for the boys daily walk!  It's my favorite part of the day.

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imagesongbird31:

Sorry about all of your emotions, Manada! Hang in there! 

5. saw P!nk on Saturday night and it was AMAZING. Just like the last time I saw her come through. Now I'm super jazzed about the Indigo Girls coming this Saturday playing the famous Ryman. It's always so good to see them there! I just LOVE them.

Thanks.  I'm trying!

We saw the Indigo Girls a couple of weeks ago - they were great!  Enjoy the show!

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• Options
    imagetrisholio:

10. My mom just got engaged on Valentine's Day to a guy she has known 2 months.  I asked her to have at least a year engagement before getting married (this is her 5th marriage). 

My mom did this a couple years ago!  (her 4th engagement/marriage...) -- if your mom is anything like mine and won't listen, I'd just quietly start suggesting winter-weddings for next year or something, rather than asking her to delay the wedding.  I tried that and my mom was none-too-happy....  

• Options

Oy vey! Today has been a stressful one! Nothing like a little TTT to help take my mind off things.

1. It is FREEZING here in Columbus...we are expecting a nasty storm and I am ready for winter to be over. 

2. Our vacation last week went awesome! It was super fun and a great distraction during our TWW. 

3. We are nearing the end of our TWW and I have been super crampy, cranky, and nauseous. I am 99% sure our try didn't take this time so I really jut want AF to arrive so we can plan our next move. 

4. I am currently in school for my MBA and I am taking a really difficult class. I only take one course at a time and looking at my upcoming classes they aren't going to get much easier. 

5.  Last week my brothers girlfriend posted some really nasty comments on social media. I confronted her about it (not in a mean way but in a way that let her know I felt it was inappropriate) and I just can't shake what she said. I don't understand how people can be so mean. 

6. This weekend we are going to a Maple Syrup Festival and I feel totally old because I am actually excited about it! Embarrassed

7. The laundry in my house has TOTALLY piled up and I am trying to climb out from under it. 

8. C is going out of town next week for work and I am not looking forward to her being gone for that long. Not to mention she gets to go to Atlantic City and its a conference that is going to be really interesting and I'm really jealous. 

9. I gave up clutter for lent and it is not going well. 

10. I am really enjoying following everyone' stories in this group. Thanks for sharing your lives with the rest of us! 

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

• Options
    1. I love being pregnant, however these crazy pregnancy induced allergies are really getting on my nerves. I'm constantly a snotty, sneezy mess and have to take medication to calm it down some.

2. Due to number 1, I can't have the med free pregnancy I really wanted. Grrr.

3. We're getting so stressed about moving. We really want to move into a new place but can't for the time being. It's beyond frustrating.

4. I have serious spring fever. I just got back from taking a little walk outside and it was glorious. I can't wait for the weather to break!

5. We hung out with an old friend, her husband and their 8 month old son on Friday. It was a hoot. We had so much fun playing with their little boy, chattingand getting lots of advice.

6. We also have been extremely lucky. Many of our friends have been giving us lots of hand me downs! We already have a heck of a start on baby gear and4 more months until he will be here!

7. I haven't felt the nesting urge yet. I'm ready for it [our apartment needs a scrub down lol].

8. I could definitely go for a nap.

9. I also think I should figure out what I'm making for dinner tonight.

10. Have a good week!
    *BFP #1-10/20/2012 EDD 7/4/2013*
    *DS 6/28/2013*
  • Options
    imagetrisholio:

10. My mom just got engaged on Valentine's Day to a guy she has known 2 months.  I asked her to have at least a year engagement before getting married (this is her 5th marriage).  She wants to get married this November, but I am hoping to be pregnant, possibly towards the end of my pregnancy.  Is it too selfish of me to ask her to wait until after I have a baby to get married?  I don't want to be pregnant and go thru the stress of her planning a wedding or attending a wedding that I don't agree with and be pregnant during all of it.   

Trish, I feel like we have the same mother! My mom got engaged as well on V-day. This is also (would be) her 5th marriage. He is 10 years younger than her and only works here in there in "construction". I feel like he is using her. She is the GM of a local bar and he drinks there all the time for free or on her tab I'm sure. I also asked her to have a long engagement. To be completely honest it really pisses me off that she makes such irresponsible life choices! She can just flip and flop in and out of marriages and I cant legally even marry the 1 person I have been in a committed relationship with for longer then 3 marriages of her combined. 

Sorry for the rant. I will stop now!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Okay - I'm going to take a stab at this....

1.  I'm on my 8th day of stims with a handful of 9mm follicles - they're growing, just slowly.   I'm hormonal and frustrated to see our lovely, convenient weekend iui date just slipping away into the next work week...

2.  Today I added up the amount we've spent TTC by the end of this cycle.  It's close to $9000!  That's a lot of dough!   Granted, it includes hopefully all the sperm we're going to need, but whoh. 

3.  In addition to being hormonal I think the estrogen is making me thirsty!  I've been drinking water like a fiend for the past day or so....  I am also getting bloated.

4.   H is the best partner I could ever ask for.  She is just the right amount of sympathetic and jokey about my hormonal-self. 

5.  I cried in the donut shop this morning between work and my RE visit because I just didn't want to deal with people today....   I wish I had more flex time.

6.  After our meeting with the OB last week I am feeling anxious about ending up in OB care when we get pg.  I don't think I am super high-risk - I am fat, and have some concerns that mean our baby would need some monitoring in utero, but really - we will get a midwife - especially since I have midwife-friends.  It's irrational, but I'm feeling the anxiety.

7.  Ooops - there go my hormones again - I cry at the drop of a hat this week.

8.   All this crying randomly and not wanting to deal with the world is making me feel like a defective human being.  My (33wk) pregnant colleague tells me this is how she has felt her whole pregnancy.

9.  Big changes are a-coming in my office.  A friend just swung by to talk to me, she's a happy-go-lucky type and had some good news.  Feeling moderately better.  (Can we say mood swing?)

10.  Getting out of the office to take a walk - I think I need space!

• Options

1.      1.  Our baby moon ended on Sunday night when we came home. As much as I missed the kids and the dog, I really enjoyed our alone time.

2.      2.  Over the weekend we went to a huge candy shop, I was surprised by the guilt I felt not getting the kids anything! I felt like I was sneaking around with my hidden bag of candy when we got home.

3.      3. Work is stressful but that is nothing new. I should probably stop repeating that every TTT.

4.       4. Yesterday was my last day of class until June 6th. I decided to take a little break so I can be as useful as possible when the baby is born.

5.      5.  Our 5 year old daughter got invited to her first ?big girl? birthday party. I called the girls mom to rsvp her.  I got a little emotional thinking about it. My baby girl is growing up, and I hate it.

6.      6.  Regarding #5, A keeps reminding me that we are starting all over again. I know we are and the thought brings me incredible joy and fear all at the same time.

7.       7. We are getting a snow storm tonight. Best case scenario would be my work closes and so does the kids school. I would LOVE to have a snow day with the girls. Play the wi, cuddle and watch movies, color?..a girl can dream I suppose!

8.      8. Our oldest (6) is in the first grade. Last week on the bus she said a 3rd grade bully was picking on the Kindergartners and first graders. I got a note from her teacher telling me L got a warning on the bus. Apparently, L had enough of the picking. L told the bully to ?shut up? the bully replied ?make me? so L punched her in the mouth. Now I feel kind of lost on how to discipline L. I try to teach my kids to use their words not their hands. While I am glad she stuck up for herself and her peers, I?m not ok with violence.

9.     9.   L starts flag football in a couple weeks. I?m so glad A knows her sports stuff; I was lost trying to buy soccer cleats instead of football cleats. I figured soccer is called football overseas; shouldn't the shoes be the same??

10. 10.   Also, booked a room at the Great Wolf Lodge for all of us in May. I wanted to do something special for the girls so they don?t feel forgotten with all the commotion of the new baby. (for those of you not familiar, it?s a big hotel with an indoor water park geared toward younger kids). Perfect little weekend getaway! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I am glad that I am not alone in the "crazy mother" category.  We should compare notes!  Email me at pmgates@yahoo.com

And by the way you are right, she isn't going to listen.  So why waste my breath :-(  

imageTwinkler2011:
    imagetrisholio:

Trish, I feel like we have the same mother! My mom got engaged as well on V-day. This is also (would be) her 5th marriage. He is 10 years younger than her and only works here in there in "construction". I feel like he is using her. She is the GM of a local bar and he drinks there all the time for free or on her tab I'm sure. I also asked her to have a long engagement. To be completely honest it really pisses me off that she makes such irresponsible life choices! She can just flip and flop in and out of marriages and I cant legally even marry the 1 person I have been in a committed relationship with for longer then 3 marriages of her combined. 

Sorry for the rant. I will stop now!

T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Options

1. Woohoo! TTT day. This and TTC/Pregnancy check-in days are my favorite. Definitely a good way to start the week.

2. Clinic appointments are not a good way to start the week, but, alas, they are a reality in this fertility journey for us.

3. I hope that Manada's mood swings are indicative of the injections finally actually raising her hormones enough to really kick those follicles into gear!

4. The nurse suggested that we talk to the ovaries. She says she's seen it make a difference once before. I do like talking to M's belly, so maybe we will try it.

5. They moved us from belly injections to butt injections. The nurse thinks that some better respond better to hormones injected intermusculary. Here's hoping.

6. I do actually have other things in my life than just fertility 1-5 notwithstanding. 

7. I'm looking forward to cuddling and catching up on Grey's Anatomy tonight with M. She's being indecisive about whether she wants pizza though. I think this is even more indication of her being hormonal than the spontaneous crying is. I've never known M to not have an opinion about pizza.

8. Ok, even my thing that wasn't about fertility ended up being about fertility. So I will give up and tell a fertility clinic story. Our good friends go to the same clinic. They were meeting with the nurse on Saturday after our appointment when we saw the nurse and they were discussing the fact that they knew us. The nurse said she really liked us and asked if we were always this happy and laughing or if it was just an act we put on in the clinic. Our friends said that's pretty much the way we are. I think I'm glad that that's the public perception of us, but I have to say that it doesn't feel very accurate to how this fertility process affects us.

9. I'm really glad that the Canadian sperm importers had some vials of our donor!!

10. Ah M just gave me a real answer on pizza. She does want it; she was just worried that I was already planning on something else and was only just suggesting pizza to make her happy. That's more like it!

****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

1. I am currently full of splinters due to attempting to use my lack of knowledge to make a built in toy box in the nursery. 

2. Frustrated slightly about #1, since the people who owned the house before me had planned to do it, and must have run out of money and just threw a piece of wood on top and called it good.  They didn't even clean the inside of it because I found a kid's toy and a pizza cardboard when I finally got the top off.

3.  Had our OB appointment today, everything is right on track!

4. Also, got to schedule our 20 week ultrasound!!  Woo!  Can't wait!

5. DP and I talked about finding out the sex.  We still don't want to know, but if we do find out  somehow (accident, obvious scan, etc) we are definitely not telling anyone else. 

6. Regular season and post-season ended on my scoreboard gig which means no money coming in from that ...

7. ... but I did get offered another game next week (this will 90% be the last opportunity to make money until next year).

8. I'm not a good negotiator, so even though I was told to aim high for what I should ask ($700-750), and I wanted at least $500, I settled for $400.

9. I'm stressed about DP's job situation.  She works in adult foster care and has been getting really frustrated with both the residents and the management and wants to quit.  I think I talked her out of quitting before she gets a replacement job, but who knows.  At least she has put in applications.

10. I am SO ready for my hot bath so I can hopefully be splinter free. =)  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Hi ladies, I also love TTT and catching up with all of your lives. If some homophobe lurked in here they would be disappointed about how incredibly normal we all sound. Is gay marriage really a national debate? It seems so odd.

I digress. TTT!

1. I'm waiting in the airport, had to work in LA today. It was supposed to be a few days and luckily my appointments fell through so I can go home to my wife tonight!
    2. Wife is sore and bloated due to follistim, menapur, and gonarelix and I really want to be home to take care of her. There is very little I can do, she doesnt even want to be touched or have her feet rubbed. I just make her tea and tell her I love her while I snuggle beside her!
    3. I've had some serious non ov pain with this huge follie. RE says it's nothing to worry about so I'm not thinking about it.
    4. I'm half done reading Bringing Up Bebe about French parenting and my mom is reading it too. She is American but she raised us in France and there are some really interesting observations about differences in parenting between countries. She will be here next week so we will get to discuss then!
    5. I am not going to watch Ru Paul Drag Race tonight. That way I will have 2 episodes to watch next week when I'm on bed rest. Mom is going to have to watch with me. She has no choice.
    6. I wish my mom would get married and not be alone but she has a fabulous gay best friend who is the sweetest man in the world. It works pretty well and they vacation together to Vegas to see shows and to Hawaii for snorkeling. He will stand up in my wedding with my dad, he is that much a part of our family.
    7. I refused the security body scanner at the airport for the first time due to radiation paranoia and got a full body pat down and feel up in front of a bunch of people. Oh well.
    8. I'm wearing my favorite red shoes.
    9. I can't wait until Friday for K's egg retrieval.
    10. A hot bath sounds pretty good, I'm going to do that too when I get home!
    M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
    TTC with RE since March 2012
    3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
    (2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
    Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • Options

1. I had a big work meeting today and it went well.

2. I'm going to be really busy for the next three weeks: work, the end of the quarter for my online class, two conferences that I'm on the planning committees for, and getting the house ready for:

3. Two of those weeks when my MIL will be visiting - being busy will hopefully keep me sane - but may cause some waves if she expects company/rides places during the weekdays when C is at work.

4. I had my first Mayan Ab. Massage during pregnancy today. It was lovely.

5. I also walked around the lake with a friend. Then read for an hour before picking up C.

6.  All in all, a very good day.

7. I started prenatal yoga this week and love it. I start swimming next week.

8. I got a LivingSocial deal and registered for a cloth diapering class (early April) and a infant sleep class (mid-May) at a infant school owned by an acquaintance. I'm looking forward to them!

9. I'm debating cleaning or going to be early tonight. It's only 6:30!

10. Maybe some QT with C instead of cleaning...

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    What's TTT?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It is Ten Things Tuesday. You tell us ten things of your choosing about your day, your life, yourself. Whatever you want!
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    1. I'm still in disbelief that I'm nearly 25 weeks pregnant.
    2. Actually, I'm in disbelief that I'm pregnant.
    3. We duff our budget talk on Sunday and were on track to be debt free by baby time, outside of our mortgages.
    4. Now we have 3 months to save up for the birth centre and second parent adoption lawyer.
    5. The nursery looks really cool.
    6. I tried to line the dresser/changing table that v refinished with maps of places that we've visited. Mod podge 1: Clair 0
    7. Any ideas on a better way of doing this, or mod podge tips welcome.
    8. V bought some beautiful blankets from Coyuchi which I'd never heard of before today. In lying under a gorgeous linen one now.
    9. I don't like it when people give me special treatment because I'm pregnant. I know its sweet, but it makes me feel feeble.
    10. I've gained 10 pounds so far. Wondering how much I'll gain in all.
    IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• Options

1. It's almost Wednesday and I should be in bed, but I'm up working on midterms & projects. - boo. 

2.  Kaden is soo cute. He's crawling and just started pulling himself up to standing today - so amazing.  It's all happening so fast. He has this laugh where you can hear each "ha" "ha" separately - I love it so much.

3. We're right around the corner from our Hawaii trip and it can't get here soon enough. I need a break from working 7 days a week, and school... it'll just be nice all around.

4. One my charges (for my P/T daycare) is a little boy almost 10 months old and he had terrible separation anxiety when he first started last week. As in screaming/crying all day long.  It really wore me down and the other babies too. But I tried to stay positive and work with his dads and lo and behold we had smiles and giggles today. SOOOO worth it!!!  And I'm relieved too.

5. The house is so quiet right now and I had an uncharacteristic amount of caffeine in the form of tea and Zevia sodas and I feel wide awake, despite the late hour and rain.  

6. I should translate #5 into this PPT presentation or database homework...  

7. EV and I have been talking a lot about #2.  And I'm getting excited, even with the daunting realities that will be entailed. She found an RE close by so we will likely set up an initial consult (to find out what we need to prepare for) in the late Spring.

8. Meanwhile I am worried that I have a thyroid problem because I have still not lost most of the baby weight 7 months later... Sure I want to for my own looks and to reclaim the majority of my clothes, but even more importantly I can't see getting pregnant when I already feel maxed out physically...

9. There is some drama and uncertainty in EVs work sphere which - well we'll see its too early to tell, let alone write anything but it effects #2 - #9...

10. I think 1/2 hour of homework and then a bath and bed - or just bed.. I have babies arriving in 8 hours...

• Options

Better late than never, right?

1. I miss my DW. She is on duty for the next 48 hours.

2. My sil is getting her anatomy scan for her 7th kid (yep, 7th) tomorrow and I am watching my 1 year old nephew. I miss that kid and excited to take him to see his other aunt at the fire station.

3. I just got my order of door to door organics for this week and it was huge and I am stoked to have the house full of healthy plant-strong goodness.

4. I have a history of a herniated disc in my back and it has been out for weeks...made the mistake of Jillian Michael's yoga today and now I'm hurting

5. I am ready for spring

6. I am ready for life on the trail in may

7. My mom is out of the hospital and home. She found out that among all of her other health problems, her triglycerides were 1000+!! She has no clue how bad that is and she just won't do anything to fix it...

8. My Dad has been a royal douchbag since he had shoulder surgery and I can't stand him right now...

9. Sent a friend of mine some baby stuff off of her amazon registry today and I can't wait for her to get the stuff!

10. Have been mia lately and miss you all! 

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"