Potty Training

potty regression

Has anyone had this? My DD is day trained but still wears pulls ups for nap and night. In the day she has had 4 accidents. Three just today. Prior to this she hardley ever had an accident and never consecutive days. I know there is regression but we have had no changes in our home or schedule and she is usually really good about going. She is a kid who needs to be reminded and physically taken to the potty whereas before she just went on her own. Tonight she told her aunt she was busy playing. What else is going on? Any thoughts? Thanks!

Re: potty regression

• We had a weird little patch like that.  I cut day pull ups completely and that helped.  I thought he may have been confused as to when he was wearing one.  Now we only do the night diaper as he can't wake up dry, even when we cut liquids.  I also have reminded him about going potty more.  Within a day or two he was back to normal. 

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We are going thru the same thing, although we just had a bad illness and plane travel (which is not new but probably hard since it was at the same time).  Oh, and she is cutting her two year molars, hopefully it will all end soon.  We also now have to physically take her when before she would take herself.  Thankfully she told me when we were out shopping yesterday.  We are on about 8 days of this...some days are better than others.

sorry, no advice.  I just keep telling myself that this too shall pass. 

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • We're going through the same thing here. I think it has something to do with baby #3 being so close. She will not use the potty if I suggest it. She'll tell me she doesn't have to go as she's dancing around or as she's actually peeing on the potty. I've resorted to threats to make her try. (We won't go to swimming class unless you use the potty. No Sesame Street until you use the potty. Etc.) Yesterday we had 3 full blown accidents. Today we had one. I don't even think the small accidents are a big deal. If she gets her undies a little wet but still holds it until we get to the potty, that seems normal. If she stands and pees all over the place - ugg. I put her back in diapers today. I told her if she starts using the potty again, then she can wear undies again.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"