Pregnant after a Loss

Did anyone get pregnant after a Provera cycle?

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question. I haven't had a period in 10 months due to pregnancy/loss and cervical stynosis. I had surgery on 01/18 and I just had my first period following 10 days of Provera. I'm not sure what to expect as far as ovulation goes. I was ovulating throught the months I had no bleed like I normally would. If you had taken provera, when did you ovulate? If you have gotten pregnant after a provera bleed can you tell me your story? I tried google and didnt find anything. I saw  a different RE on Friday when I was cleared and I I forgot to ask her what to expect as far as ovulation goes. Thank you!
Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Did anyone get pregnant after a Provera cycle?

• ...lurker here...

I was prescribed provera because I failed to get a period for three months after stopping birth control pills.  I got my provera "period" from September 27-October 1st and ovulated on October 16th which resulted in this pregnancy.  I'm not sure if this helped my body ovulate or what but I also started taking thyroid meds Oct. 2nd due to very mild hypothyroidism.  Hopefully your body will get a jump-start and you will have a normal cycle after provera.  GL!!

• imagegemini2005:

...lurker here...

I was prescribed provera because I failed to get a period for three months after stopping birth control pills.  I got my provera "period" from September 27-October 1st and ovulated on October 16th which resulted in this pregnancy.  I'm not sure if this helped my body ovulate or what but I also started taking thyroid meds Oct. 2nd due to very mild hypothyroidism.  Hopefully your body will get a jump-start and you will have a normal cycle after provera.  GL!!

Thank you so much for coming out of lurkedom for me :) I appreciate you posting. I just wasn't sure what happens after a forced bleed. Keeping my fingers crossed I'm as lucky as you! Congrats!

Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • This pregnancy wasn't directly after a provera cycle, but I still thought the info might be useful.  After my loss and thyroid issues I was having crazy long cycles (~70-80 days), and took provera to end one.  The next cycle I ovulated on cd18 or 19 which was a vast improvement from day 50-70.  It really helped get my cycles back on track.  I didn't have any other long ones after that.  GL!

PGAL/PAL welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Trying to start our family since 2010
    BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
    BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
  • Thank you ladies! All of this is helpful. Cogratulations to all of you.
  • I can't help (Provera didn't work for me, you know my history), but I just want to day HI LADY!! I'm so  glad to see you finally got things figured out and had the surgery! I hope things cycle wise go back to normal for you and GL with TTC! :)

((HUGS))

BFP #1: 12/26/11, EDD 09/05/12; m/c discovered: 02/22/12 @ 12w u/s,
    D&C: 03/08/12 Waited for AF for 146 long days!
    Hysteroscopy/D&C on July 10th to fix blocked cervix (DX: Cervical Stenosis)
    BFP #2 12/8/12, EDD 08/21/13 Our rainbow arrived 08/24/13!
    imageimageimage

Follow Me on Pinterest

• imagepkaren:

I can't help (Provera didn't work for me, you know my history), but I just want to day HI LADY!! I'm so  glad to see you finally got things figured out and had the surgery! I hope things cycle wise go back to normal for you and GL with TTC! :)

((HUGS))

Thanks love! I'm so happy for you and I hope to join you here soon! HUGS!

• This is very interesting for me! Anyone else out there who has taken Provera and ovulated faster after taking it? I too suffer from LONG cycles (up to 70ish days sometimes), but I DO ovulate on my own eventually - just takes forever. My doc gave me a rx for Provera this month, and I'm on day 9 of my pills. Waiting to see now if I start my period or perhaps am pregnant, but I am not very hopeful this cycle. I DO hope I ovulate as early as some of you guys have said though (next cycle!) Please Lord!!!! We have been trying for the last year off and on - I took a few months off b/c I was going nuts.  Been back at it fora few months and getting frustrated, esp with crazy long cycles. It's so hard to be patient!!!!! Anyone else have input?  This is my first post here, but I have lurked for a while. :) 
  • I'm wondering I had a baby six years ago and I have recently taking provera and I'm wondering if you can get pregnant after... I have been having irregular periods and my dr put me on provera and I'm trying to get pregnant again and also will a d&c help

@laura22aubry- you just resurrected a thread from March 2013. You are better to start a new post instead of resurrecting a dead thread.

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • What was the dosage of provera and clomid?? :) thanks!
  • i was on provera, then clomid, had an iui and now i'm here :)

BFP 7/16/13, EDD 3/27/14 - blighted ovum  - D&C 8/26/13
    Dx PCOS and Septate Uterus
    Septum Resection - 2/6/14
    brand new cuterus
    March 2014:   first medicated cycle + iui
    = BFP!
    Baby Drgn born December 3, 2014

• I had surgery in January to remove an ovarian cyst after a natural miscarriage in December. After the surgery and a longer than normal cycle I was given Provera to induce my period and given Femara to induce ovulation. Thankfully it worked. I have used Provera other times to induce a period if my cycles become too long. I have PCOS and my cycles are long and irregular.
    image"">
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"