Pre-School and Daycare

Problem behavior, bad influence?

DS1 is 3.5 yo and is generally a great boy. He has his issues, testing limits, not listening etc. but I think his behavior is within normal boundaries. However the past few weeks he's had some annoying behavior and when we tell him to stop he says a kid at school does it. Unfortunately this kid is sort of the problem child at school. The teacher said she tries to keep them separated as they tend to feed off each other in a negative way

The worst part is not what DS1 says but the attitude and disrespect.
I don't want to blame this kid but I know he's not helping DS1 do a better job of listening etc. he was doing much better at school though when they werent ftiends. Any thoughts on what to do to address this? Or is this just typical behavior?
Thx!

Lilypie First Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: Problem behavior, bad influence?

• I get this alot.   I always tell her different mommies have different rules, and maybe that's okay with his mommy, but it is not okay in our family, and if she does it again, she;ll go to time out and then she has to come out and apologize for doing ___ because it is rude.

Last year she called her language delayed brother retarded.  This is a girl who is kind and for the last 2 years has invited only the special needs kids in her class to her birthday party.  But an older kid in her class used it and she said she thought it was funny.  I actually kept her home from school for three days and told her if that's what she learns in school and thinks it's funny, then she'll stay home till it's not funny.  WHile she was home, no TV, computer, and lots of helping with chores.  After 3 days she told me she didn't know why it was funny but the other kids laughed.  And she wanted to make her sister laugh.  But luckily I haven't heard it since...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't have any advice for you, but I feel your pain! We are going through a similar situation now :(  DS just told me he hates like me and slammed his door. It was the first time so it stung lol We are very careful what movies and tv shows he watches so i know it didn't come from that, and he certainly didn't hear DH or I say it. I asked him where he heard such a mean thing to say and he said he learned it at school. Great. Anywho....hang in there, sorry I'm not much help lol
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Unfortunately this is one of the realities of being in school.  This has happened to DD (who is 4).  She will come home and say or do something that she learned from another child at school.  We talk a lot about choices and making good choices.  We talk about how sometimes it's hard for kids to make good choices and that's okay but it doesn't mean that we have to follow their behavior.  DD seems to respond really well when we ask her to think about her choices. 
  • Oh yes, we are going through the same thing.  Ds has picked up shut up, you're not my boss and one that he used last night.... I'm going to kill myself (with a dramatic gun to the head motion).  Great. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"