Military Families
Options

Has anyone had the MaterniT21 test done?

Were you able to get this through care at an MTF?  During my intake appointment with the RN she discussed testing available, and offered the option of doing CVS to rule out a number of problems.  I told her I wanted to speak to the Dr. more about the options, which I will be doing at my first appointment with the Dr.  However, I just learned about this test which is MUCH less invassive and doesn't carry the risk of miscarriage that CVS or an amnio does.  I am just curious if anyone here has been able to get this test through an MTF.  We are willing to pay out of pocket if need be ($235 from what I have researched), but if it is covered even partially by TriCare that would be great.  TIA for any experience or information you have!

After almost 3 years of IF and a crazy roadside delivery, we are loving life with our second beautiful daughter! Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Has anyone had the MaterniT21 test done?

• Options

Have you had any blood work done already that came back abnormal, or do you have a family history of risk factors?  The CVS and amnio are not generally routine tests, and are only ordered if they see a need to do so.  Also, these tests are usually optional, as is any genetic testing.   

• Options
    There is some family history increasing risk factors. It wasn't offered as standard testing. I would much rather do the least invasive testing in this situation.

After almost 3 years of IF and a crazy roadside delivery, we are loving life with our second beautiful daughter! Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I guess I'm just confused.  Did your OB want to automatically do an amnio or CVS on you?  Or were they saying that was a potential situation if blood work results came back indicating a need for it?  Standard testing is blood work, and possibly an NT scan if your OB does them.  The results of those tests determine whether or not they recommend you get an amnio or CVS.  
  • Options
    I had it done in Jan. and the doctor's office advised that I would possibly have to pay $200. Tri-care ended up covering it without us paying anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"