VBAC
Options

New or same provider?

I was just curious if you kept the same provider when attempting your vbac, and what your reasons for changing or not changing were. 

Re: New or same provider?

• Options
    kegkeg member
    I changed providers.  I could sense my chances of a successful VBAC with my old provider was slim to nil even though they said they supported them.  (I felt it was a bad sign that my primary OB in the group of 6 has had two sections and said how wonderful they were.) 
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Options

I haven't had a VBAC yet, but I will be staying with the same practice. The practice is made up of 5 OB's and 6 midwives. I used the midwives for my first pregnancy and had all intentions of having a natural birth in the hospital birth center they deliver at until I was diagnosed with pre-e at almost 36 weeks and needed to be induced and have IV magnesium etc, etc...which all led to a c-section 48hrs later.

My plan to is to attempt a VBAC with my next pregnancy using the same midwives. They are awesome and assured me post delivery that the next time I would be a good candidate for VBAC and they have a good rate of success with VBAC's. I also want to stay with the practice because the OB's are good too. They work well with the midwives. If in the end for any reason I do NEED another c-section I want the same OB that did my first to do my second. She was fabulous and provided great care to me both physically and emotionally.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We moved so I had to switch but I had discussed a VBAC at my 6wk post partum visit. I think my chances of a VBAC were pretty equal with both groups of drs.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    I switched.  I really felt like under different circumstances I would not have had a c-section.  She talked me into an induction 10 days post due date with what I realize now was not a very favorable bishops score.  Then she made me stay in bed the entire time. It was awful.  If things had been different, and the c-section had been necessary I would probably have stayed because up until my delivery I was very happy with her and the practice.   
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I switched. We moved to be about an hour away from my previous provider, so I wanted someone closer. I really liked my old OB and he was supportive of VBAC's, so if we were closer I would have stayed with him.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I will use my same doctor as she is extremely supportive.
  • Options

I went with a new provider.  The provider who delivered my first did not do VBACs at the local hospital, where as my new provider did.  I would have had to deliver 2 hours away. 

I also had a bad experience with the one doctor at the practice when I said I would be switching providers because of their no VBAC stance.  She pulled out all the worse case scenario stuff that was unnecessary and honestly, from what she was saying, NO ONE should ever deliver at the local hospital. 

"Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • Options

Changed providers for several reasons:

1. Didn't want to risk OB roulette. My OBs office has 5 OBs - and I liked 4 of them. Of course #5 was the one who was on call when it came time to push with #1. I opted for solo midwife.

2. I needed as much time as I could get. My OB delivers at a hospital that won't let VBACs go over 40weeks.

3. I suspected I might need some augmentation. My OB would not use any pitocin on a VBAC due to hospital policy

4. I was still a little bitter about my c-section and didn't want my attitude clouding my VBAC attempt.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I used the same group of midwives that I had for my other two children. They were really supportive of VBACs, and there aren't really any other options in the town I live in. If I wanted to switch, I would have to go about 2 hours away.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"