1st Trimester

3 weeks late

Hello Ladies,

I haven't posted on here in a long time.  I had my daughter last Jan.

I am 3 weeks late.  I tested this morning.  Positive.

We weren't trying per say, just not preventing.  We weren't being careful because last time we got pregnant we needed fertility treatments to get pregnant.  Anways, I am freaking out!  I stay home with my daughter and run a home daycare.  I have been open for 2 months now, and I have two new kids starting in March.  I don't even know how I am going to run my daycare being pregnant. I'm scared.  And worried that the parents will flip once I tell them (I will hold off until 12 to 16 weeks if I can).  

TTC since June/09.
1st cycle diagnosed with slight hypothyroidism. Clomid, dexamethasone, HCG trigger shot. BFN
2nd cycle, Clomid, dexamethasone, HCG trigger shot. BFN
3rd cycle, Clomid, dexamethasone, ovulated with out tigger. BFN
4th cycle, Clomid, dexamethasone, HCG trigger shot. BFP!!!
EDD 12/31/2011 ----- actual birthday 01/05/2012

Surprise BFP! - EDD 10/14/2013

Our little boy is on the way!

Lilypie - (Qxvc)

View Full Size Image
Lilypie - (BW9K)

Re: 3 weeks late

• What are your specific worries about daycare while pg?  

How much leave are you wanting after the baby comes?  Daycare providers I know have come back as soon as a week or two after birth (most with a helper) or some have taken a full 6-12 weeks off.  Have your plan in place before you tell them. 

How many families do you care for?

Do you they have family in the area that may help with care while you are on leave?  You could contact other providers in your area to see if they would have temp room for your kids.  It is not your responsibility to find them care but it would be very nice to offer them help. 

Good Luck -from a daycare provider TTC 

• I just am worried about being overly tired and not being able to care for three little ones at once.

I was hoping to take 2 to 4 weeks of leave, depending on how my labour goes.  I could have my hubby take a week or two off work around the time I would re-open to help me with the kids.  

I care for two families.  One child is 10 months old and the other is 1 year.  My daughter is one year.

I could look into other daycares in the area.  There are quite a few home daycares.  I just hope when they find temp care for the 2-4 weeks I'm closed, that they decide to come back to me and not stay with the other provider.  But I know I can't control that.  If that happens I have to re-advertise for new kids.

Thank you for the encouragement :)

Good luck in your TTC journey :)

TTC since June/09.
    1st cycle diagnosed with slight hypothyroidism. Clomid, dexamethasone, HCG trigger shot. BFN

Lilypie - (Qxvc)

View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (BW9K)

• Loading the player...
  • I wonder if hiring a helper towards the end and shortly after baby arrives might help?  Then you don't lose your customers but you aren't as stressed with a new baby.  Just a thought

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I could do that.  I will talk to my husband about it. 

Thanks!

TTC since June/09.

Lilypie - (Qxvc)

View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (BW9K)

• Congrats on the preg. We had DS last January too! He goes to a home daycare a couple days a week and his primary teacher is preg also. She just hired on a second helper, there are 9 kids total she also has 2 school age. She's not going to work for several weeks after baby she said which will be doable now with a second helper.
    **Freddy** BabyFetus Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • I totally don't belong on this board but I wanted to give you my experience.

We decided to move DD to a new home daycare and the provider was 8 months pregnant. The 2nd day DD was there she went into labor and went in for a repeat c-section.

She took a week and a half off, and then returned to work. She works the daycare with her husband so she had help while she was still recovering and nursing.

I think it would have been different for us had she taken 6 weeks off, but the week and a half or even two weeks was no big deal. If you hired a helper you could do the same thing our provider did, plus still have you income coming in. If you give your families ample notice of what your plan is, it gives them a chance to figure out what they'll do while you're gone.

I'll go back to the TTGP board now.

Congrats on #2 and good luck with what you decide.

• I was thinking of taking the 1 to 2 weeks off, and have my hubby take a week off to help out with the daycare too.  I wouldn't take my vacation weeks until I have the baby. (originally I was going to take the last two weeks in August off)

Would it be better to tell them around 12 weeks, once I know my pregnancy is going well?  I don't want to tell them too early or too late.

Thank you for the congrats as well.

TTC since June/09.

Lilypie - (Qxvc)

View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (BW9K)

• I'd tell them when you feel comfortable. And then just give them plenty of notice of what your plan is for leave once you know. I'd give them at least a month or two to figure out what to do while you're out.

• I'm planning on telling both sets of parents after I have my 12 week ultrasound.  That's when I will feel more comfortable.  Also, that gives them plenty of notice. 

Thanks for the advice ladies :)

TTC since June/09.

Lilypie - (Qxvc)

View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (BW9K)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"