March 2013 Moms

so nervous

I went for my BPP this morning. DS was very sleepy. The ultrasound tech tried to get him to move for 40 minutes. My doc was at his other office so she called him and let him know that baby had a good heartbeat, but he just would. not. move. He wanted me to be sent to labor and delivery (which is right downstairs from the office I was at), so off I went.

When I got there and they put me on the monitor, DS started moving, they weren't really concerned. They watched him for an hour and my doctor said I was fine to go home.

Now I'm a nervous wreck. I keep poking at my belly to make sure he's moving. I have another BPP Thursday, tomorrow is going to be a long day waiting.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: so nervous

• I had the same thing happen last week!  It took forever for him to move and he only did after I drank a cold apple juice.  I hadn't eaten much before the appt, though.  My appts. are always at 11...so just before lunch but many hours after breakfast.  I have three kids so I don't have a lot of time to snack.  I am def. going to eat a snack before my next appt. though.
  • My Ella did that more than a few times during our few months of weeks BPPs. I know it's scary, but it just happens. You just caught him sleeping! 40 minutes is not a long time to be sleepy. Try not to freak yourself out.

ETA: always eat before a BPP or NST it makes a world of difference
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"