Military Families

Placenta Previa and Deployment

Has anyone dealt with placenta previa while DH was on deployment?

If so, what was the outcome?  Bed rest? DH get sent home? Pre-term labor?

TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Placenta Previa and Deployment

• Your husband will more than likely not get sent home for a high risk pregnancy. I love how you slipped that in there in the middle of bed rest and pre-term labor Stick out tongue.

Your personal situation with what you need (bed rest, etc) will depend on your specific situation. But no, bed rest is not something that would indicate most service members being sent home for deployment. You would need to figure out a care plan for your daughter.

You are 11 weeks pregnant. Chances are extremely high your placenta will move up and you will have a totally normal delivery.

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• imagesweetpea2003:

You are 11 weeks pregnant. Chances are extremely high your placenta will move up and you will have a totally normal delivery.

^This.

While my husband was not deployed while I was pregnant, I had a low lying placent during most of my pregnancy and it moved on its own and I was able to deliver without any complications. 

If you do get placed on bed rest, you will definitely need to figure out a care plan for your daughter like PP said. It would be highly unlikely that he would get sent home for this, sorry :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ditto the others.  It's very unlikely that your H will be sent home from deployment for it, especially since it could be your entire pregnancy.  Part of preparing for deployment is having plans in place for your kids in the event you get sick or hospitalized.  If on the off chance he did get sent home because of lack of plans, it would not be something that looked good for him at all.

While I personally don't have placenta previa, my good friend who is 4 weeks behind me was diagnosed with it at 12 weeks.  She was told to restrict lifting to under 20 pounds and only when necessary, no sex or orgasms, and to rest when she could.  If it didn't improve by 20 weeks she would be put on bed rest, and they were facing her H having to take FMLA leave to help with their 16 month old (he is not currently deployed). It did improve though and she is pretty much back to normal.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"