Two Under 2
Options

infant carrier?

Anyone baby wear a ton with their 2nd? I'm picturing baby wearing a good portion of the day so my hands are free to take care of DS1. We have an Ergo carrier but I am thinking I will probably want something lightweight/smaller (til baby is bigger). I know people recommend the Moby but it seems a little complicated?  Any recommendations?

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage

Re: infant carrier?

• Options
    I borrowed the K'tan from my SIL. It's lightweight and easy to use. I've only used it so far one way, but there are several different carrying options as the baby gets bigger.

Like you, I already had the ergo. But I find it better when the baby is older. It's too bulky for everyday use at home.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    If the moby is daunting look into a k'tan.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I worn my 2nd all the time that 1st year. I had an Ergo and I carried DS from 2 weeks old until just recently. I only stopped because DS doesn't like it anymore. I highly recommend the Ergo! We loved it and I still carry my 2.5 year old in my back in it. With the infant insert you can carry from birth until 40lbs.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • Options
    I bought the ktan. Haven't used it yet, but seems easy enough! I also have a friends Bjorne, but looking into ergo, if likes being worn.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I wore my second and loved it . She only liked to be held . I have a Moby and don't find it daunting at all. Once you get the hang of it its really easy . However for ease of use I'm looking into the ergo and the boba since ill be able to ware my will be 18 month old and the Nb when needed. The Moby is great for babies and lighter kids but my 24 lb son stretches the material to much.
  • Options

For #3, I bought a Maya Wrap ring sling - it has been a lifesaver in that I can nurse her in it!  I was never able to do that with the other 2, but since she eats for almost an hour each time, I needed to be able to feed her on the go or the other 2 would be destroying my house.  I tried the Moby with #2 and didn't like it - I could never get it tight enough, and it took forever to get it on.  I have also used the unpopular bjorn and ergo and they are both easy enough to use.  

Good luck! 

TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    aandgaandg member
    For baby #2 I used both the K'tan and a Baby Hawk and really liked both of them. She hated the stroller and car seat when she was tiny so I mostly wore her while we were out up until she was around 4 or 5 months.
    BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    A mei tai is a simple, great carrier that can be used from birth. Also look at beco butterfly or beco Gemini, these carriers are supposed to be good from birth on too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"